Which FTA switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carload

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Another newbie question: should I get 2x1 or 4x1?

I've got my first FTA system working just fine. (Yes, The Tube is very cool!) Because of the convoluted nature of my installation misadventures, I already have a second Winegard dish, and a second LNBF is on its way.

I'll probably add that second dish to my new antenna array, and to hook them both to my Satwork 3168, I'll need a switch. I don't have any immediate plans to add a third dish, but conceivably I could find a really cheap Dish dish and point it at the BEV bird for Canadian FTA radio.

There seems to be little or no price difference between 2x1 switches and 4x1s. Short-term or longer, all I need is a switch for two dishes, but if I can get a 4x1 at the same price, is there any reason not to?

I have a 4X1. I could have two dbs dishes and the Ku dish if I wanted.

BTW: I have just been playing with the different DBS slots, and it may be just me, but there is not much there FTA. I cannot even get audio. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

timmy1376 said:
I have a 4X1. I could have two dbs dishes and the Ku dish if I wanted.

I'd get a 4x1...you can cap off the unused ports

BTW: I have just been playing with the different DBS slots, and it may be just me, but there is not much there FTA. I cannot even get audio. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Timmy
Did you see the post in the FAQ of "what can you get with an 18" dish"
You should get the audio on Dish 119 and the radio stations on ExpressVu for sure
On 119, there is Remote help (Dish 101), NASA and Angel One

Not much showing at FTA for me, not even audio. I am still not totally up to speed with this card. Wishing I had gotten a box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)