Which HD dish???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonoguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
I have DirecTV HD at home. From the dish there are 2 cables that run to my DVR receiver and 1 cable each run to 2 bed rooms. I have just purchased a H24 HD receiver. I want to use this receiver for use at another location. I have a SD dish at this site and want to replace it with a HD satellite dish. What HD dish and other equipment should I use for this? I have the tools and test equipment to peak and dither this dish correctly. I have to use a B-band converter when I connect this receiver at my house.

I believe I only need the 99, 101 and 103 degree satellites. If there are 3 cables from each LNB what other item must be used to utilize this receiver?…..3 to 1, so to speak….Multi-switch?…SWM? There is some sort of ‘converter’ at the HD dish in which the cables from the dish are connected on one side and the cables that run to each receiver are connected on the opposite side. It looks like a grounding block….in fact, there is a ground wire that is connected to this device that is connected to the ground the electric company utilizes. Any help with this would be helpful, as I want to purchase the correct dish and accessories the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time!! Thank you!

I have DirecTV HD at home. From the dish there are 2 cables that run to my DVR receiver and 1 cable each run to 2 bed rooms. I have just purchased a H24 HD receiver. I want to use this receiver for use at another location. I have a SD dish at this site and want to replace it with a HD satellite dish. What HD dish and other equipment should I use for this? I have the tools and test equipment to peak and dither this dish correctly. I have to use a B-band converter when I connect this receiver at my house.

I believe I only need the 99, 101 and 103 degree satellites. If there are 3 cables from each LNB what other item must be used to utilize this receiver?…..3 to 1, so to speak….Multi-switch?…SWM? There is some sort of ‘converter’ at the HD dish in which the cables from the dish are connected on one side and the cables that run to each receiver are connected on the opposite side. It looks like a grounding block….in fact, there is a ground wire that is connected to this device that is connected to the ground the electric company utilizes. Any help with this would be helpful, as I want to purchase the correct dish and accessories the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time!! Thank you!

IF you are only using the one recvr at the other location, the H24, non DVR, you'll only need 1 line coming in from the dish.
I'll presume you want HD, so you'll want a Slimline3, this will pick up the Sats you mentioned above.

Looks like a very straight forward easy install !

schneid said:
Why not just swap in a SWM SL3s, a PI, and green eight output splitter and have access to eight channels via one feed from the dish? Each tuner will take a channel, DVR's have two tuners. You can pick up the pieces on eBay.

Maybe I misread. Is the "other location" distant?

DIRECTV NEW SWM SL3 HIGH DEFINITION SLIMLINE DISH COMPLETE UPGRADE KIT | eBay

I think he's just wanting 1 h24 and at 2nd location where he currently has an 18" dish.

I wouldn't put a swm lnb (sl3s), I'd put a slimeline 3 (sl3). Either way it's just one line for 1 HD rcvr. If you go the SWM route then you gotta purchase a Power inserter plus those lnb's are more expensive than the SL3.

I say get a Slimeline dish (HD dish) with a SL3 lnb. It has four outputs on it but you only need 1 to the h24. Also bring a b band converter.

I think he's just wanting 1 h24 and at 2nd location where he currently has an 18" dish.

I wouldn't put a swm lnb (sl3s), I'd put a slimeline 3 (sl3). Either way it's just one line for 1 HD rcvr. If you go the SWM route then you gotta purchase a Power inserter plus those lnb's are more expensive than the SL3.

I say get a Slimeline dish (HD dish) with a SL3 lnb. It has four outputs on it but you only need 1 to the h24. Also bring a b band converter.

You mentioned something I missed in my post earlier, he'll need a BBC for the H24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts