Which HD locals are next???

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I know that Dish has recently added 11 more cities in HD to their lineup. But does anyone know which cities are coming next?

I'm in the Chattanooga, TN market. I wonder if it's possible Chattanooga will be one of the markets added before the end of this year?

Here's the extract from the sticky that posts this info. Bottom post.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32421

I see no mention of Chattanooga, TN so.

Listed on the Markets Launched Chart on the May 10 tech chat, but no actual uplink
Detroit, MI
St. Louis, MO
Indianapolis, IN
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC

Others Still Planned
(list is by size, date of addition may not be so)

Cleveland/Akron/Canton, OH
Orlando-Daytona Beach, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Baltimore, MD
Charlotte, NC
Milwaukee, WI
Cincinnati, OH
Greenville/Spartanburg, SC/Asheville, NC
Norfolk/Portsmouth, VA
New Orleans, LA
Memphis, TN
Oklahoma City, OK
Buffalo, NY
Providence, RI/New Bedford, MA
Louisville, KY
Jacksonville, FL/Brunswick, GA
Austin, TX
Tulsa, OK
Springfield, MO
Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY

So does that mean that the "list of other cities planned" is the list for the remaining of this year? I have read in the forum that Dish plans to "reach more than 50 percent of all U.S. households by year's end". So it seems they will need to add several more cities than what is on the list so far.

I'm really anxious to see if anything happens this week with Indianapolis uplink. I just switched from D* and the one thing I lost was the distant NY HD networks. I don't get anything OTA. May is passing rapidly so I hope they pull it off.

What's been launched and that list of what's still launched will reach they're claim of 50% with no problem...

What does this mean?

Listed on the Markets Launched Chart on the May 10 tech chat, but no actual uplink
Detroit, MI
St. Louis, MO
Indianapolis, IN
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC+

I live in the NC area. Does this mean that they are behind if it was scheduled but no uplink yet? How long does it normally take anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts