which HD receiver uses HDMI?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kcromeis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 11, 2005
thinking of being a new subscriber... my Toshiba 52HM94 has a HDMI jack.

slacker9876 said:
The HR10-250 has one. I believe all the others are DVI ... but I may have missed one too.

is the HR10-250 the receiver you get thru the online signup?

kcromeis said:
is the HR10-250 the receiver you get thru the online signup?
NO, definetly not. The HR10-250 is the HD Tivo. You can get one for $600 now (used to be $900).

The H-10 is $299 with new install, which includes triple LNB dish and installation.

billbillw said:
NO, definetly not. The HR10-250 is the HD Tivo. You can get one for $600 now (used to be $900).

The H-10 is $299 with new install, which includes triple LNB dish and installation.

Thats basically all i needed to know..the HDTivo (while great) is just too much of a hit for me right now. I just wanted to get the best connection i can, and needed the HDMI.

kcromeis said:
Thats basically all i needed to know..the HDTivo (while great) is just too much of a hit for me right now. I just wanted to get the best connection i can, and needed the HDMI.

HDMI and DVI are compatible with each other. There are adapters available for around $30 or less. There are also cables that are already fitted to go DVI to HDMI, but I think that route is more expensive than using the adaptor.

Be aware if you order directly from D*, they don't let you specify which box you get. You could get an H-10 or one of the older boxes like the RCA DTC210. The only way you can be certain of which box you are getting is to buy from a 3rd party retailer like Value Electronics.

Visually there is no difference between DVI and HDMI. The difference is that HDMI also carries the audio, not just the video. Also certain sets (like mine) do not make a distinction between COMPONENT and DVI/HDMI ... my Mitsu actually converts all HDMI input though the component bus. If you want less expensive the Hughes HTL-HD is readily available on eBay for around $185. Steer clear of the E86 series, they have a massive red push.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)