Which HDMI cable should i get for my TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If the cable that you have now is working, that's all you need. It's digital, and it either works or it doesn't. You won't improve the picture quality with a more expensive cable unless you are the highly suggestible type.

HDMI is digital, so either it works or doesn't. I had some guy at Best Buy try to sell me $50 Monster HDMI cables when we bought our BluRay player last year. I opted for the $4.99 HDMI cables sold in the electrical section of the local grocery store and worked like a boss.

A 4ft HDMI cable for $200??? Are they f'n insane? It's pretty much common knowledge that Monster is a ripoff and scam, but I never actually paid attention to the specifics of their prices. I paid $27 and change, including shipping from Monoprice for all the cabling I needed when I redid my entire entertainment set up back in December. Five six foot HDMI 1.4 cables, Four CAT6 ethernet cables and a 50’ run of CAT6 for less then $28 bucks shipped.

I see this all the time. I do an HD upgrade cause the custy bought a new flat screen. Sitting by the tv is an expensive monster hdmi cable. I always tell them we supply one, so they can take that one back.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There's very little margin on the TV's themselves, thats why they always hawk the over priced crap a la monstercable and 400 dollar warranties for a 1000 dollar tv.

I get a kick out of this when doing an install and the customers that are trying to explain to me why their $200 cable is better. They try throwing around big words. What is funny is that they most of the time make no sense. You can tell they have no idea what they are talking about. So I just politely tell them how they got raped by the salesman at the store, with fancy wording. Most of the time after they think about it a few minutes. They admit that they were in fact trying to mimic what the salesman told them.

All this bashing of Monster cables. Tsk Tsk.

They produce an incredible product - incredibly profitable that is. :p

And their heavy connectors can contribute to failure on vip boxes with flimsy sockets.:sick:

Search Cables Unlimited at Amazon and you can find plenty of choice for under $10. Cables are an absolute racket.

A 4ft HDMI cable for $200??? Are they f'n insane? It's pretty much common knowledge that Monster is a ripoff and scam, but I never actually paid attention to the specifics of their prices. I paid $27 and change, including shipping from Monoprice for all the cabling I needed when I redid my entire entertainment set up back in December. Five six foot HDMI 1.4 cables, Four CAT6 ethernet cables and a 50’ run of CAT6 for less then $28 bucks shipped.

Can't beat Monoprice for pricing or quality. I have an order for two lcd wall mounts being shipped to me right now.

I use meritline.com. they ship slow but have good deals. 3 6ft cables for 1.99 with free shipping. Whenever they have the deal I buy some to have on hand. My brother just bought some cables from walmart for $30. I told I wuould sell him 2 for 1.50 so he took them right back.

It's true. A $50 cable will not give you much better quality than a $10 cable. They are an accessory and are priced for profit. They are just like wall mounts and service plans. Businesses need to find a way to make profits from TV sales because there is very little coming in from the TV itself. It's a tough business right now.

It's true. A $50 cable will not give you much better quality than a $10 cable. They are an accessory and are priced for profit. They are just like wall mounts and service plans. Businesses need to find a way to make profits from TV sales because there is very little coming in from the TV itself. It's a tough business right now.

Monster though is 300% mark up I used to work for company that sold monster. I didn't sell it just installed the equipment for them.

Can I use a different HDMI cable with a Dish HD reciever?

I recently got a 55 inch Samsung 3d tv and it came included with a 2000 Monster high speed hdmi cable. I got Dish HD and the guy installed a 12 foot hdmi cable that has silver plating and it looks cheap. He said I couldn't use the Monster cable or the picture quality would reduce? I hate the clutter of the 12 foot cable as this monster cable is 4 feet. The Monster cable also has double the bandwidth at 21gps. I would never buy a monster cable as they are a ripoff, but it was included with the tv so why not? Is it ok to use a different HDMI cable with your Dish HD reciever?

Threads merged. cinnabun93, please do not create multiple threads on the same topic. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts