Which installation company to call in my area??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi... I've heard discussions about having a local company install your D* versus calling the D* 800 number... I have looked for local companies in my area and found none, at least no brick and mortar stores... I concur that calling an outfit that might send an installer from hundreds of miles away doesn't seem to make much sense but I fear that might be what I get even if I call one of the many online companies I see on the internet... So who might I call??? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, about 40 miles east of SF... I see lots of folks here recommend Value Electronics but how does that help me with my desire to get a LOCAL installer??? Any help would be appreciated... thanks... diitto...

Value Electronics has a great reputation, I bought from them even though they are hundreds of miles away from me. They still send a local installer (contracter) to your house, the guy they sent to my house lived 20 miles from me. They don't send installers that are hundreds of miles away, that would be way too expensive, they send the closest installer available to your house. Regardless of who you order from, the same guy will probably install, most companies use private installers.

Besides, I would rather buy from a company with a good reputation that was hundreds of miles away instead of a company I knew nothing about that was right down the street.

If you ordered from Value Electronics and had any problems, you could easily post the problem on this site and Robert would reply quick, because he does not want a negative reputation on this site, he makes a lot of sales here, and a negative reputation on this site would really hurt his pocketbook. So don't sweat it and order from Value Electronics.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)