Which is a better dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dukedefile

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
avon, OH
I want to get a new dish and wanted your opinion on which is better Fortec 90cm, Fortec 80cm or a Winegard 75cm or any other dish you suggest

thanks

Price does matter i want to spend about $75 for a dish
how's about the GeoSatPro, how are the?
Are these dish round or elliptical/oval?

Last edited:
i can say that a GeoSatpro 90cm and the GS120 motor from SatelliteAV is a really nice quality tandem, i would recommend it to anyone.

While slightly out of the budget you suggested, I can highly recommend the Patriot model 85-E elliptical antenna (30 inches tall X 36 inches wide).
Almost as good as the Paraclipse 90 in signal collecting abilities, but without the shipping cost issues (most 90 cm dishes get charged OVERSIZE 3 (90 #) by UPS, with the freight coming to equal or close to the price of the antenna itself.
Both the Paraclipse 90 and Patriot 85-E have very heavy outer edges, which you may not find on many of the lower cost offset antennas. This keeps the antenna's shape much truer over time, which is something to be especially concerned about in areas exposed even to moderate winds.

When using either antenna, the STAB HH-120 is recommended, to deal with
the comparatively heavier weight of these models.

Go for the 90cm dish or bigger, you won't be dissapointed.
I have a Fortec dish , but the geosat pro sounds good too, and I believe it's in your price range, plus shipping of course.

bigger is always better

Last year, I got the Fortec 36" from Sadoun after reading a review by IceBerg.
Little difference in price over smaller ones, and quite a bit more gain.
...and it didn't need a washing machine motor to fling it around...

Last edited:
The taxes could be offset by shipping, if you can drive over and pick it up. :eureka

Oh, and if shipping charges are zero, by all means get an even bigger one! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts