Which is ther Best PnP Sirius Radio?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
I see Sirius now has a bunch of PnP radios, but now I am left to decipher which is the best.

I am planning on using the radio in the Truck, and most likely in my office. I do not see much use in the house. I am looking for one that has decent features, excellent reception, stability, durabilty, reliability, and least amount of known bugs.

So which one is it?

The Audiovox PNP2 is the most widely owned Sirius Radio. Currently the Sportster and the Xact are the top 1 and 2 sellers. The Audiovox PNP3 just came out. All of these radios have boom box accessories.

I have heard the Radio Shack Orbiter or DISH Streamer (same units) are very reliable. These come with boom boxes as well.

Good hunting... :)

They are pretty much all the same receiver, just different packaging. It's kind of like how Directv receivers are.

I have read quite a few reviews and most are praising the new Audiovox.

I was looking at the new Blaupunkt, but so far I have seen bad reviews for it. I am really interested in seeing reviews for the new Kenwood Here2Everywhere. The Pic I saw at Sirius Backstage makes it look cool, but I don't believe the kenwood is out yet.

Kenwood H2E

The Kenwood H2E is not out yet and I hear may come out in December. There is still a question of a boom box accessory. Rumors have it as more of a desktop set up w/speakers and a car kit. RUMORS... :D

Sirius_Rich said:
The Kenwood H2E is not out yet and I hear may come out in December. There is still a question of a boom box accessory. Rumors have it as more of a desktop set up w/speakers and a car kit. RUMORS... :D

If I wanted get a Sirius radio now instead of waiting for the Kenwood (you know, b/c I am a little kid at heart that can't wait for his new toy) Would you recommend the Audiovox PNP3, the Sportster, or the new JVC cell phone looking one.

I have read the reviews on backstage, and they seem to lean towards the sportster. Now, I am a huge sports fan, but not sure that I would really benefit from the sportster (probably, b/c I don't really know the true features or their benefits)

Also, I would want a permanent mount that would be stable. I am kind of thinking of a cell phone type mount, or a goose neck type mount. I have a 2004 Ford 150. Are there any recommendations you can make

HDTV Rookie said:
If I wanted get a Sirius radio now instead of waiting for the Kenwood (you know, b/c I am a little kid at heart that can't wait for his new toy) Would you recommend the Audiovox PNP3, the Sportster, or the new JVC cell phone looking one.

I have read the reviews on backstage, and they seem to lean towards the sportster. Now, I am a huge sports fan, but not sure that I would really benefit from the sportster (probably, b/c I don't really know the true features or their benefits)

Also, I would want a permanent mount that would be stable. I am kind of thinking of a cell phone type mount, or a goose neck type mount. I have a 2004 Ford 150. Are there any recommendations you can make

You won't go wrong with any of them and really depends on what you like as far as styling. The Sporters affords a couple of small features that the others do not have. Game alert (beeps when your favorite team is playing) and has a NFL team logo at start up and close down. I and others like the PDA style of the JVC too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts