Which LNB for 6' Channel Master Dish?

kodiak2858

Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
New to the Board from Kodiak, AK! I would like to add a 625 DVR to our current Dish Network setup. I have a 6' Channel Master Dish with a Digital Satellite System LNB. I'm told I'll need a different LNB.

The current LNB is held in a "Collar" type bracket about 1" in diameter.

Any suggestions on a Brand/model LNB that will work for this application?

Thanks!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!
I'm a little further north than you (North Pole), and I'm using a six-foot True-Focus to get 110W, and a four-foot Channel Master to get 119W. With the exception of 110W tp8 and 110W tp10, everything comes in really well. When I installed my dishes, all I did was buy two DishPro Duals (fleabay, Radio Shack, Sadoun, etc.), crack the housing open, and install the bare LNB in the collar. I just wrapped some material around the neck of the LNB until it was the same diameter as the collar (I just used some strips of paper towel that were the same width as the neck of the LNB, and after six months in the rain and snow and -40F, the LNBs don't seem to have moved). BTW, there is a small "rib" on the underside of the neck of the LNB that you'll need to remove so that it will sit in the collar, but you can file that down in just a couple of minutes using any file that you have in your toolbox.
Let me know if it works!

DISH Network uses 2 satellites for most of their broadcasting. Their "main" satelitte is located at the 119 position. The 110 position is used for additional programming. You will need 2 satellite dishes to pickup packages beyond AT 100. The 625 is a dual tuner receiver so you will need 2 cables off 1 dish to feed both tuners. Because you are using 2 separate dishes if you want both 110 & 119 you can't use Dish Pro Plus Twins. Either a Dish Pro single or dual LNB could be used. Because DISH designed the receivers to be backward compatible you can also use Legacy DISH LNBs this also means a Directv single or dual LNB can be used on each dish. Directv LNBs should clamp in place without modification. Good shopping have fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)