Which LNB to use

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ishare

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
witch LNBs are Cband, circular, KU, and so on. When I go to Lyngsat and look up Galaxy 18, there are 2 sats, 1 is G18KU and 1 is G18C, is this circular or Cband and what LNB can I use to receive the G18C sat?? Also looking to site in on G17C. Currently using A Primestar dish w/ KU only LNB sited in on G18KU, Pansat 9200HD w/ psk mod. Any and all help is appreciated. I am looking here cause "Lyngsat" really isn't that reliable, so asking for people that are actively testing w/more current info, Thanx again. :)

C band frequencies are 3.7 – 4.2 GHz
C-band FAQ

Ku band frequencies are 11.7 to 12.2 GHz
Ku Band FAQ

For either C or Ku band, antennas on the transponders can be Circular (R or L) or Linear (V or H) polarity.
Polarity FAQ

G18 has two kinds of transponders C and Ku. G 18 only uses linear polarization (V or H).

To get G18 Ku you need a linear Ku Band LNBF on your Primestar dish.
This one would work:
DMX521 Single Standard

If your dish has an LNBF, post a picture of it. Someone will be able to tell if you can use it.

There is also one C-band FTA channel listed on lyngsat for G18. To get this, you would need a C band Linear polarity LNB and a large enough dish.

Don't confuse C band with circular polarization.

For more info, please review the FAQs.

Lyngsat isn't perfect, but I would not call it unreliable.

If you want to see FTA channels on G17 (91W) C-band, you need at least a six foot dish and a C band linear LNBF. However, people have some luck with smaller 1.2m dishes.

Is there anything on Ku right now that's worth getting a circular lnb? Just installed a motor and trying to decide if I should move up to an Invacom lnb. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts