Which LNB will work with a Wally

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Trying to help out a family member. They have a Wally in an outbuilding and trying to figure out which LNB to use (replacing an old D500). Yes I am replacing the dish but in a strange turn of events when I ordered a dish I got 2 of them packed together with these 2 LNB's and a hybrid single hub (looks like a splitter)
Untitled.jpg

Left one says A43109 and says "dpH"..left 2 coax are outputs, far right says in
Right one says A21201 and says DP Plus...1st 3 are outputs, far right says in

Thanks!

What HipKat says is correct, I would keep a few things in mind when choosing one however.

The one on the left (DPH) can support all Hopper’s without extra equipment, and the one on the right (DPP) supports up to three Wally’s also without extra equipment (besides their individual coax runs to the LNBF, of course).

If future expansion does not matter to your family member, then I would install the one that looks less used since most LNBFs start losing sensitivity over time. The difference is so marginal however (2-5 points on each satellite from what I’ve seen) that it does not really matter that much.

What HipKat says is correct, I would keep a few things in mind when choosing one however.

The one on the left (DPH) can support all Hopper’s without extra equipment, and the one on the right (DPP) supports up to three Wally’s also without extra equipment (besides their individual coax runs to the LNBF, of course).
Good to know. So I assume the Wally is under the "hopper" umbrella and that's why it will work on either LNB?

If future expansion does not matter to your family member, then I would install the one that looks less used since most LNBFs start losing sensitivity over time. The difference is so marginal however (2-5 points on each satellite from what I’ve seen) that it does not really matter that much.
This will be just for the Wally. In the house is the Hopper and a Joey (this outbuilding is about 400 feet from the house so a separate dish was just easier). The one on the right came in a box that says re-manufactured (and is a bit heavier than the other one)

Good to know. So I assume the Wally is under the "hopper" umbrella and that's why it will work on either LNB?
Pretty much, it is part of the Hybrid family like the H3/Duo but it happens to be DPP retro compatible.

This will be just for the Wally. In the house is the Hopper and a Joey (this outbuilding is about 400 feet from the house so a separate dish was just easier). The one on the right came in a box that says re-manufactured (and is a bit heavier than the other one)
Once you have the dish mounted and aligned with one of the LNBF’s you could switch between the two to see which one provides a better signal, but again, I expect the difference to be pretty marginal. Another thing, both of these LNBF modules has different yokes to mount on the dish arm with, if you only have the yoke for one of them you might be forced to use that one anyhow.

I have both yokes so I’ll try both and see what gives me the best signal level.
I promise it'll be the larger one. Typically, signal on the Hybrid, the one on the left shows around 70-71 for the 119 Satellite, same for the 110 and about 50-53 for the 129. The DPP, the larger, comes in at approximately 75, 77, 57 when I'm pointing them in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts