Which model DirecTV dish is this ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
I know the picture is not very good resolution, but perhaps someone who is very familiar with the different models can tell me which this is ?

directv.jpg

I looked again at this, and my slimline. It is not a slimline. It is the phase 3 dish IMO. I am convinced in my own mind:p

No wait, it is the slimline 3:)

So the Phase 3 model - is it the Legacy LNBs (that are just FTA LNBs), or is it the more recent LNBs ? And which satellite slots ?

Thanks !

PS My relatives are thinking of buying a house and I noticed the realtor's picture had this sitting on top of the roof. :)

Here is a new picture - is it clearer from this picture ? ( I was not able to get a picture until the sun had just set, I'm going to try again tomorrow, but I thought perhaps this is better ? )

directv-2.jpg

Here is a new picture - is it clearer from this picture ? ( I was not able to get a picture until the sun had just set, I'm going to try again tomorrow, but I thought perhaps this is better ? )

directv-2.jpg

This is definitely a Phase 3 type dish. It doesn't get any of the new hd channels.

if your thinking of the 18x24 its not that, the 3 or 2 lnbs were single dual style lnbs side by side with a 4x4 to combine... i doubt highly from looking at the lnb its a tripsat, and it looks to narrow to be the ka/ku3, im going with slim5 to be honest...

scratch that.....

absolutely positively a trip sat, or 18x20

if your thinking of the 18x24 its not that, the 3 or 2 lnbs were single dual style lnbs side by side with a 4x4 to combine... i doubt highly from looking at the lnb its a tripsat, and it looks to narrow to be the ka/ku3, im going with slim5 to be honest...

scratch that.....

absolutely positively a trip sat, or 18x20

Are you sure? ;)

I was able to get a picture of the back.

Is that a switch or just a triple grounding block ? One white wire goes to the den and the black wire and a white wire goes to the living room (to a two coax wall plate).

There are no other switches, unless there is something inside the dish.

directv-4.jpg

That is a grounding block. That dish can support four outputs.
But it looks like there are four from the dish with only three connected to the ground block.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)