Which number to call to activate the 622?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
I am upgrading from the 942 to the 622 (under the April 1 offer). The upgrade installation is scheduled for 4/21, but the 622 has already arrived and i don't want to miss two live games on WorldSportHD this weekend. So, I think I will just try to activate it myself. Why do I need to wait another week just to swap the box?!!

Is there a special number at Dish Network for 622 activation, or do I just go through the CSR/tech support?
Is there any downside of doing a self-install in this case?

Ilya--

I just activated my 622. I called 1-800-333-3474 and got to Technical Support through the phone tree. I explained the situation, the rep was a bit reluctant, and said he'd have to check for authorization. When he came back to the phone, he said he had received the authorization and would activate the receiver! After a few minutes on the phone, a reset, and a check switch, my 622 is now up and running, ready to watch Barca-Villa tomorrow!

I tried three times last night (not tech support), and was told I couldn't activate. I decided to wait until business hours and try tech support today. Bingo.

Well, I called Dish, and the technical support rep who answered my call, had no problems activating my box! He only warned me that if things go wrong he will have to reschedule the service visit and in that case he could not guarantee next week. Well, I accepted the risk. ;)

He had me check the system settings and verify all signal levels, walked me through the entire activation process. It didn't take too long. Well, I now have my 622 up and running!!! :music

Nice! Maybe Dish is finally realizing it's more cost effective to let customers swap out their own receivers, as long as they have all the necessary hardware in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)