Which one would you prefer: iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c?

I think it is a "pass" generation to anyone with a 5 for sure, a 4s maybe.

If you have a 5 all the 5c would give you is a color option. Since most case them anyway, I do not see the real point there from a buyers perspective.

As of the 5s, there are some slight upgrades (yes, depends on your definition, to me they are minor for my use), but not enough to justify the upgrade when history usually shows that the next model will be the one to change things up.

If I go back to the iPhone it will be once a larger model is released. Now that I'm used to my Galaxy S4 my wife's iPhone 4S feels tiny.

I'm sticking with my iPhone 5. If I had to pick one it would be the 5S though.

Apple typically leaves last year's model on the market for $100 less as a cheaper alternative with high profit margins because the price of those internals are cheaper a year later. They took that one step farther this year. The iPhone 5C is the iPhone 5 only they put it in a plastic shell to save even more production costs over the metal one.

I don't see much of a reason to upgrade at this point. Maybe when there is more 64 bit stuff out there I will bite.

Yeah it has a better camera, but the one I have now works fine. I dont think I would use the slow mo.

And I like the finger print reader but I want to have different settings for different fingers. So my son can unlock and play my games on the phone, but yet he can't purchase stuff from the iTunes store... or even better blocking apps I don't want him running on my phone when hes logged in such as mail and notes. (Last year he went on my wifes phone and noticed the christmas list my wife made in her notes app.)

My question is: which will have higher resale value when iPhone 6 comes out (this time next year)?
The new 5C, or the "old" iPhone 5?
Not real impressed with 5C, but the great unwashed will probably snap it up.
Might out sell the 5S, 3:1 (?). Be curious to see sales figures in a few months.
Kinda makes ya wonder what they've got in mind for the iPhone 6!? ;)

I'll go from the 4S to the 5S this year. I'll give the 5S to my wife next year if a larger screen version comes out.

The 5C is just the iPhone 5 with a plastic back... A brilliant move by Apple actually, instead of making an iPhone5 the $99 phone they make the 5c it instead. This really should improve their margins compared with having to continue with the iPhone 5 expensive metal case. The plastic I am sure is injection molded vs the aluminum being machined out per phone.

I of course would like a less expensive 5s with a plastic back...

The 5C is just the iPhone 5 with a plastic back... A brilliant move by Apple actually, instead of making an iPhone5 the $99 phone they make the 5c it instead. This really should improve their margins compared with having to continue with the iPhone 5 expensive metal case. The plastic I am sure is injection molded vs the aluminum being machined out per phone.

I of course would like a less expensive 5s with a plastic back...

I don't mind the plastic case either. I am one of those rare people who doesn't put my iPhone in a case. I have seen several drop test videos where even when dropped from a ladder on to cement the only damages were cosmetic scratches and dings. The iPhone 5 screen is very durable and they were only able to crack it after spiking it into the ground like a football player. I have dropped mine without a case several times and I have a few dings and scratches on the corners to show for it. It feels a whole lot better in my hand and my pocket naked than it ever did with my old otter box cases though. Why buy these beautify designed devices just to cover them up with a cheap plastic case? The way I see it, they were designed to survive without a case or they would come with one in the box.

Anyways, the point of all that is I think colored plastic would be more resistant to visible scratching. The main reason you see the scratches on my iPhone 5 are because they are silver and the rest of the phone is black. If you scratch these polycarbonate iPhone 5Cs you will just see more of the same color underneath. This is colored plastic not a painted on layer.

If I were upgrading from an iPhone 4S or older device I would strongly consider the iPhone 5C instead of the 5S. The iPhone 5 camera is good enough for me, I don't care about the finger print scanner, and it's not like our apps are going to abandon every phone besides the 5S and only work right on the 64 bit chip. It also doesn't hurt that for the same $200 you would spend on a 16GB 5S you can get a 32GB 5C. I honestly think I would rather have double the storage than any of the new 5S only features.

I have an iPhone 5 so I won't buy the same phone again in a plastic shell. If I had a 4S or older I think I would be preordering a 32GB iPhone 5C in green tomorrow though.

I am still rocking a 3GS 32GB which is now EOL for Apple iOS upgrades so its time for a 5S for me. I'm pretty sure I got my money out of it as it is still kicking hard and will make a fine DLNA server for my Hopper once I decommission it from phone use.

I had the iPhone 4S which I was contemplating changing to the 5. I just changed to the Samsung S4 and I am glad I did. I love the S4. Gave the 5 to my Girlfriend.

I am still rocking a 3GS 32GB which is now EOL for Apple iOS upgrades so its time for a 5S for me. I'm pretty sure I got my money out of it as it is still kicking hard and will make a fine DLNA server for my Hopper once I decommission it from phone use.

Way to get your money's worth. Many of us here can't seem to stand not having the newest thing all the time. Technology is a terrible investment. No matter how great something is now something better is always coming and early adopters pay dearly for stuff that is just a little better. I'm as guilty as anyone. I bought the iPhone 4 the day it came to Verizon, I preordered a 4S (could have done without this model) just because I had an upgrade available, then I had to preorder an iPhone 5 for LTE (I don't regret that one at all) but I'm finally going to pass even though I have an upgrade available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

. I'm as guilty as anyone. I bought the iPhone 4 the day it came to Verizon, I preordered a 4S (could have done without this model) just because I had an upgrade available,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I also went from a 4 to 4s, and like you, could have saved the money.

Which is one reason if I still had my 5 I don't think I would go to the upgrades this time around.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I don't mind the plastic case either. I am one of those rare people who doesn't put my iPhone in a case. I have seen several drop test videos where even when dropped from a ladder on to cement the only damages were cosmetic scratches and dings. The iPhone 5 screen is very durable and they were only able to crack it after spiking it into the ground like a football player. I have dropped mine without a case several times and I have a few dings and scratches on the corners to show for it. It feels a whole lot better in my hand and my pocket naked than it ever did with my old otter box cases though. Why buy these beautify designed devices just to cover them up with a cheap plastic case? The way I see it, they were designed to survive without a case or they would come with one in the box.

Anyways, the point of all that is I think colored plastic would be more resistant to visible scratching. The main reason you see the scratches on my iPhone 5 are because they are silver and the rest of the phone is black. If you scratch these polycarbonate iPhone 5Cs you will just see more of the same color underneath. This is colored plastic not a painted on layer.

If I were upgrading from an iPhone 4S or older device I would strongly consider the iPhone 5C instead of the 5S. The iPhone 5 camera is good enough for me, I don't care about the finger print scanner, and it's not like our apps are going to abandon every phone besides the 5S and only work right on the 64 bit chip. It also doesn't hurt that for the same $200 you would spend on a 16GB 5S you can get a 32GB 5C. I honestly think I would rather have double the storage than any of the new 5S only features.

I have an iPhone 5 so I won't buy the same phone again in a plastic shell. If I had a 4S or older I think I would be preordering a 32GB iPhone 5C in green tomorrow though.

I wouldn't mind going caseless but how do you block all the dirt and dust going in the iphone from being in your pocket?

I have a iPhone 4 and I think now is the time to upgrade, I have been holding off as I just hate to lose my unlimited Internet with Verizon, but I think it's time. Battery life on my 4 seems to go a bit faster.

I have a iPhone 4 and I think now is the time to upgrade, ....
Battery life on my 4 seems to go a bit faster.
Yes, a 4 is getting pretty old. I have one, too.
I put a new battery in it about 15 months ago, for under $10.
Not trying to discourage you from upgrading; I will be.
But the phone is as good today as it ever was, and meets my needs. ;)
?.

I have a iPhone 4 and I think now is the time to upgrade, I have been holding off as I just hate to lose my unlimited Internet with Verizon, but I think it's time. Battery life on my 4 seems to go a bit faster.

I switched to t-mobile. I no longer have to worry about my data usage. They will probably run 99 down again when the iPhone 5s is released.

For you guys that had the 4 or 4s and switched to the 5, did the screen size seem a to be bigger when browsing or watching video?
My 4s screen has shrunk over the last two years. Can't be my eyes can it? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)