Which One ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

deeny

Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
I was thinking about getting a winegard HD8200p or a 91XG not sure which one would work better.

I would like to pick up channel 63, which is about 43 miles away from me.
My zip is 11223.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

The 91XG is very strong for UHF above ch45, BUT WMBC will move to ch 18 with the analog shutoff in 2009 and the 91XG is very weak by comparison in the lower UHF range (~4dB lower than PR-8800).

I do not have raw gain data for the HD8200p but the Winegard PR-8800 has a fairly flat gain across the spectrum of UHF channels.

I own the HD8200p. Love it. Owned it for over 12 years and still like brand new (as you can see in my picture).Great consistant pictures to 60 miles or so with a winegard hdp-269 preamp. My towers are 10-20 miles away.Your digital and analog towers are 10-30 miles in all directions. A majority of you purple stations are over 60 miles away and may be achallenge to receive.

I would suggest the winegard hd7084p with a Winegard hdp269 preamp and a rotor. If you want to go bigger than the hd8200p by all means...will get you farther into purple range and improve reception on ch 63. You will not be disappointed.

I would not suggest the uhf only antennas direct...you have so many channnels to enjoy both vhf and uhf. I have compared and tested many antennas at my home and business including the cm3671 and cm 4228...you always want better...and the hd8200p out performed. Go with a high quality directional...the 7084p and 8200p have a very high front to back ratio and work great with multipath...which a metropolitan area is noted for.

good luck

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)