Which Receiver??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fire_317

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
I currently have a DVR 721 and it is the 3rd one I have had due to hardware issues and Dish swapping it (while under warranty). Now it is no longer under warranty and it is beginning to act up again and I am considering just going with a new receiver. What is being offered now with similar features as the 721? We like the dual tuner to be able to record one show and watch another. I do have a 2nd receiver (3900) on another TV so in looking at the DVR 522(or now the 625?) I could do away with that 2nd receiver? My concern there, is if I am recording on one tuner and watching a show on the other tuner, then someone wanting to watch another show on the other TV, that can't happen, correct?? So, my thoughts are to keep the stand alone receiver and try to find something similar to the 721. HDTV is not in the issue currently as I can't afford a HDTV. So, what do you suggest? Can the DVR 625 be purchased off ebay and activated? I remember the 522 Dish would not activate unless you were a new customer. Is that still an issue?

thanks for your help
Dan

The 522 has better features than the 721 and is cheaper than what the 721 was when it first came out. It has NBR and two tv outputs. You do not have to pay the additional outlet fee for the second tuner if you keep it plugged into the phoneline. You could do away with the second receiver (3900) and sell it to recoup some of the cost of the 522. You could also try to get the upgrade promotion from them to upgrade to a 522 but you would be leasing it, not owning it. What I would do is get the $5.99 per month warranty then when it does fail call in and tell them that it failed and they will replace it for free. That is the best way to get you another 721 when it goes out of warranty. You could sell your 721 on here and get you a 522 under the promotion and be ahead or just sell the 721 and buy a 522 to own and have less in it than what you sell the 721 for or you could just keep the 721.

You can watch two different shows at the same time with the 522. It is like having two DVR's. You will be charged a $5.99 DVR fee unless you have the AEP (America's Everything Package). The 625 is essentually the same thing as a 522. You can activate a 522 now even if you are an existing customer. They lifted that restriction a while back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)