Which receivers support closed captioning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Could anyone tell me which Dish Network receivers support closed captioning. Thank you in advance.

From ownership I know the 942's and 622's support it, but not very well IMO. The units don't pass the CC thru to the set but decode it themselves and do a piss poor job of it. The captioning displays slowly and is lags a noticeable amount of time. Additionally it is a pain to turn on and off, no simple button push here.

I have found CC to be hit or miss.... some shows it lags BAD some shows it leads ... some shows it's fine....

Yes it's a pain in the butt to turn on/off

I have a 622

Probably an ADA requirement

According to the Echostar Knowledge Base here: Discontinued Receiver Comparison Chart and here: Receiver Comparison Chart, they all do.

I suspect that the ADA (Americans with Disability Act) requires it. Now if they would just require a one button enable/disable....

I was watching a show one night and the delay was about 5 seconds, so that the person on the screen frequently wasn't the one captioned. Finally had to turn it off. Luckily I still have that option - bummer for those that don't. It also amazes me the mistakes that make it on the air - which would be understandable for a live show but totally unacceptable for a movie or a series where it only would take someone once through to proof and correct 90% of the errors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts