Which RSN's offer HD games?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
Of course, we all know that the Regional Sports Networks on D* aren't in HD (hopefully next year, eh?), however, I have noticed that NESN (Boston area) and YES and SNY (NY) offer HD broadcasts of games.

Anybody know off hand, how many of the RSN's offer baseball, hockey (or any HD programming for that matter)?

Just in general. I figure they'll show up on D* next year when the new birds are up, but in the meantime, am wondering which FSN's show HD.

I thought because of the way the RSNs were transported (using all cable, and no sat transmission), they don't have to give the HD signal to DirecTV. This sucks, because I'd like to be able to watch the Giants on FSN Bay Area.

sequoiadean said:
I thought because of the way the RSNs were transported (using all cable, and no sat transmission), they don't have to give the HD signal to DirecTV. This sucks, because I'd like to be able to watch the Giants on FSN Bay Area.

Not all of them. We only have 4 RSN's in NY ( :rolleyes: ), and it's a mixed bag. The Cablevision-owned (or partially owned) RSN's use their monopoly to full advantage, and deny rights to DBS. YES and SNY allow access to DBS, though I have yet to see non-local cable SNY broadcasts (including ESPN highlights, so I believe it's a SNY issue).

FSN Florida and Sun Sports, in Florida, have HD broadcasts. Baseball and hockey games from both have shown up occassionally on Channel 95.

FSN does, I sure would like to see Mauer win the batting title in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)