Which Satellite Has Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Byrdman

Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
I live in Wilmington, N.C. Is the local channels on the same satellite as the DTV channels? Or do I need a multi satellite dish to receive them.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Yes, you will need the 3-LNB Phase-III dish to receive your locals.

The main Directv programming is on 101 and your locals are on 119.

some areas are still on 101, but those are the MAJOR MAJOR cities

LA, NY, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, etc

Dallas is on 101 as well, as I'm one of the minority around here that have the Phase-III dish (need it for HD).

In fact, because my mom doesn't have HD but is in the Dallas DMA she only has the 18" round dish pointed to 101.

Thanks Guys! Will directv send me a multi satellite dish since I am a current customer(7+ years), or is there a fee to upgrade?

It should be a free upgrade, but they will require a 1-year committment.

Byrdman said:
Thanks Guys! Will directv send me a multi satellite dish since I am a current customer(7+ years), or is there a fee to upgrade?
When I had locals added last September, not only did they change out the dish, but they also changed out one of the receivers at no cost. I have no problem with the 1 year commitment. I've been with them 7 years also.

Free Upgrade

Called DTV- They gave me a completely free upgrade, two standard receivers,one multi sat dish, and free installation. Can't beat that one!

free upgrade with annual commitment will replace ure receiver(s) and dish also eligibility for free additional receiver may be inline

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts