Which seperator should I be using????

JimP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Wetumpka, AL
I have a VIP722 with a 1000.2 dish triple LNB system and almost daily have a lost signal screen when I first turn on my receiver. It doesn't do anything until I slightly unscrew then screw in the input side of my current 123254 seperator which makes me wonder if its gone bad or if maybe it was never the correct one to start with.

When looking up this seperator DISH Network Dish Pro Plus DPP Separator (ES148534) from Solid Signal it doesn't look like the VIP 722 is a compatible receiver but then on another site on ebay it shows that it is.

So what gives?

Thanks in advance.

Yep DIRT/Dish could probably get you one for free. That list is just old on solidsignal. Some of those receivers (921, 721, 942) can't even be used anymore. Solidsignal is a great place to buy stuff though, bought a Solo Node from them recently.

Did you check the coax connection at the sep? If unscrewing it helps you could just have a bad connector. If you contact dish ask for a triplexer, it will reduce the need for a diplexer and sep. The fewer components the more reliable the signal.

There are three different ways for wiring VIP receivers utilizing seperators. New VIP receivers usually come stock with whats called a triplexer (combination of a diplexer and a seperator). Way number two is to come off the Sat 1 and Sat 2 inputs with your standard seperator to the SAT input of the diplexer and off your tv 2 output to the VHF/UHF input of your diplexer connecting your satellite feed line to the Input of the diplexer. Way number three is to use a seperator only on the Sat 1 and Sat 2 inputs of your receiver connecting your satellite feed line directly to the seperator and backfeeding your tv 2 output directly to the tv 2.

Thought I'd update you guys.

The ES148534 seperator came in from Solid Signal last Thursday.
It was installed immediately.
I've not had a single lost signal screen since the installation. So apparantly it was the source of my signal lost screens that had gone from once a week to daily and only correctable by unscrewing the coax from the input side of the seperator.
One point that I found interesting is that the new seperator was physically larger than the original one and both carried the exact same part number. Evidently, Dish must have found the older smaller one problematic.

Thought I'd update you guys.

The ES148534 seperator came in from Solid Signal last Thursday.
It was installed immediately.
I've not had a single lost signal screen since the installation. So apparantly it was the source of my signal lost screens that had gone from once a week to daily and only correctable by unscrewing the coax from the input side of the seperator.
One point that I found interesting is that the new seperator was physically larger than the original one and both carried the exact same part number. Evidently, Dish must have found the older smaller one problematic.
More than likely DISH just found a new cheaper Aisian source for the same product. The new source used a bigger case but contents were technically the same.

More than likely DISH just found a new cheaper Aisian source for the same product. The new source used a bigger case but contents were technically the same.

As long as it works, I don't know that I really care.....with the exception that I wish those jobs were over here.

Never had any problems with the older smaller ones personally. I've seen/used the new separator, it's quite a bit bigger. As far as I can tell both work just as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)