This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Which SWITCH will work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

papabruski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
mountain west
So I bo't a diseqc switch to separate the ku and c dishes thinking I could run the SG2100 motor on the ku thru the switch.
Oops. The faq by anole has a single line that sez it won't work. Well...it did work...for about 20min.

Question: is there a switch that will combine signals from a motorized ku dish and a c dish. Or will I need to park the ku in one spot and not use the motor. The c dish is powered by VBox and actuator.

The ku dish has a standard lnbf and the c dish has c/ku-standard lnbf. However, I get better ku reception with ku dish.
I think I understand that a diseqc switch could be added between the lnbf and the motor on the ku and a cable run to the c dish. A 100ft run of cable would probably be enough.

A switch would settle the issue fairly quickly. A cable run will have to wait until snow is gone.

(I've learned a lot via this forum. My thanks to the sponsors and participants)

I run KU motors and C-Band controllers thru a DiSEqC 1.1 uncommitted 1X8 switch. No problems with both dishes responding to the movement commands. The switch I used defaults to the #1 lnb position when off, so I don't use that port.

The switch must be the first component inline from the receiver.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.