Which TBS Tuner card would you buy ?

Which TBS Tuner card would you buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
this is my kernel : Linux blindscan 3.16.0-34-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP

Not familiar with this kernel version, I'm guessing there something going on with it causing the driver not to load.
I have had success with the drivers from the TBS site on an x86_64 box running stock Debian Wheezy.

fred555 it finally loaded, think maybe is was IRQ issue, changed it in the bios and things seems to load.. but now I'm lost, is there a good read on how to feed hunt? using blindscan and scans2?

fred555 it finally loaded, think maybe is was IRQ issue, changed it in the bios and things seems to load.. but now I'm lost, is there a good read on how to feed hunt? using blindscan and scans2?

Great job getting it going. I am at about the same point in discovering the abilities of a usb tuner as you. So far I have been doing simple tuning with an app called MuMudvb.There is another thread here where we are working with the Raspberry Pi2 to hopefully come up with an Open source set top box. Updatelee has been around here too and working on porting his software on the Pi2 with a custom built Ubuntu kernel.
It looks like you are ahead of us judging by your kernel.
Were did you get the "linux blindscan" kernel from?

thats the hostname, so if you were to type uname -a it will show "Linux {hostname} xxxx...." I just named by ubuntu box blindscan so I could test the card. the blindscan-s2 works I guess, but what do you do with the data after get it.

example line of what I get:
11800 H 1000 SIG 85% SNR 100% DVB-S QPSK FEC_AUTO INVAUTO PIL_ON ROL_35

I haven't tried my TBS6983 with Linux yet, just Windows 7. For general use I like EBSPro to find/analyze/graph and VLC to watch TV.

How did you setup Vic so you can watch tv I am having trouble between VLC and EBSPro
Select 'Options...' from the File menu. Then on the left side of the dialog click 'Player 1' under 'Integration'.

After that click the yellow folder icon on the upper right side of the dialog and locate your 'vlc.exe'. There are streaming options I also selected at the bottom of the dialog (attached screen shot).

vlc_ebs_config.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)