Which TV is best for Dish?

jpd31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
I am thinking about getting a new TV in the future and was looking at a 46" TV Plasma. The reason that I am getting plasma is because I read that you can get a better viewing angle.

Anyway, which resolution TV looks the best on Dish Network? 720p or 1080p? Is 1080p worth the extra $300 price than a 720p? Can your eyes tell the difference between a 720p or 1080p?

I do have a Blu-ray player and heard that it looks the best on a 1080p TV? Is this true?

I am thinking about getting a new TV in the future and was looking at a 46" TV Plasma. The reason that I am getting plasma is because I read that you can get a better viewing angle.

Anyway, which resolution TV looks the best on Dish Network? 720p or 1080p? Is 1080p worth the extra $300 price than a 720p? Can your eyes tell the difference between a 720p or 1080p?

Dish Network of whomever, my opinion, for 46" 720 is just fine, ESPECIALLY with a plasma (GOOD choice). Save the money.

I do have a Blu-ray player and heard that it looks the best on a 1080p TV? Is this true?

For Dish, 720P would probably be OK but I'd go with the 1080P if for nothing else the BluRay player....

For Dish, 720P would probably be OK but I'd go with the 1080P if for nothing else the BluRay player....

Can't totally agree. Depends on viewing distance. I am one of the few that think BD is overrated...especially on that screen size. 60" plus, I would go with you.

Last edited:
Viewing distance is about 8 feet.

Use the $300.00 savings and spend $150 of on a BD player. Best of both worlds, then spend the other $150 on BD movies. They will look great on a 720p 46" TV.

Since it came up, I just have to say it one more time for those who are on the fence. PLASMA RULES!!!

1080p

I'm gonna buck the trend in this thread. Plasma yes, 1080p yes. I had to watch too much on 42" 720p in a master control room for too long to recommend one to you. My preference is Panasonic Plasma units, but that's what I think is the best. Of course I have one and I calibrated it myself.

How are Plasmas on screen reflections? I have a 40" Samsung LCD with a matt screen and I haven't had any reflection problems from Sunny days or lamps at night while I watching it. It's been one of the best pieces of CE equipment I ever bought.

Ghpr13:)

I would never buy a TV at Wal-Mart EVER, or anything else. If you have a Blu Ray I would go with a 1080p set. Don't forget you can watch some VOD movies in 1080p on Dish also.

If all you are concerned about is watching Dish in HD then a 720p set should do you just fine. If you are worried about price then I would get a 50" Plasma. They are the best bang for your buck.

I agree, stay away from Walmart. Walmart has their electronics made special for them to their specs which are usually inferior to mainstream models.

I have two plasmas. Both panny, and both 1080p. One is 42" and the other is 46". I have been very pleased with them, and highly recommend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts