Whidbey Island concerns!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fistfullofbeer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Hello,

I currently reside in South Whidbey Island (Clinton), WA. I am considering going to Comcast Cable but am wondering if anyone here has had experience with them on Whidbey Island. My primary concern is losing coverage during the windstorms that we get since most of the cabling appears to be overground.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cable would me more reliable then satellite versus a windstorm...

Hello,

I currently reside in South Whidbey Island (Clinton), WA. I am considering going to Comcast Cable but am wondering if anyone here has had experience with them on Whidbey Island. My primary concern is losing coverage during the windstorms that we get since most of the cabling appears to be overground.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You may want to consider FiberTV from AT&T or Verizon if it's available in your market. Cable TV from Comcast would hold up much better in any type of storm versus Satellite TV. When I lived in Florida, Comcast never went out even during hurricanes. The only exception would be if a cable on the telephone pole was damaged. However that is rare.

You may want to consider FiberTV from AT&T or Verizon if it's available in your market. Cable TV from Comcast would hold up much better in any type of storm versus Satellite TV. When I lived in Florida, Comcast never went out even during hurricanes. The only exception would be if a cable on the telephone pole was damaged. However that is rare.

That is the very problem. We do have situations where the wires on the telephone pole (both power and cable) are damaged. And since we have been experiencing more storms than usual in the Pacific North-West I am wary about getting Cable.

Thanks.

Well I feel you don't have any options then...

That is the very problem. We do have situations where the wires on the telephone pole (both power and cable) are damaged. And since we have been experiencing more storms than usual in the Pacific North-West I am wary about getting Cable.

Thanks.

Satellite certainly wont fair any better. So FiberTV or Cable TV according to you appears to be problems with the cable on the pole being damaged. You might just want to give it a try and see how it goes. Atleast with cable there is no contract or equipment to buy. If the cable provider does poor maintenance and doesn't keep a signal you can cancel with minimum out of pocket cost. Plus they will likely credit your account for loss of signal due to a storm. You can only get Satellite or Cable so you have to decide for yourself if you want to take the chance. Or you may just use OTA, and buy a OTA DVR which you can get for under $350. at Walmart.com (No HD yet). Sorry those are the only choices you have. Or you could consider no TV, except for DVD's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)