Whiny 6000 unit.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

htguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
North of the TwinCities
Hi All,

Just picked up a 6000 that has a high pitch whine when plugged in. The sound in question is not the fan on the 8vsb module because it doesn't have one installed.

Anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

ht

If it ain't the 8VSB module, then I have no idea what it could be. I don't think the 6000 has any fans on board. I could be wrong.

I had a 6000 with the8VSB and the 6PSK modules and I had the same problem. I do not have the 6000 anymore but if my memory is correct, it was the fan in the 8vsb module (you said your didn't have a fan). The noise took me several pulling and plug(ing) to isolate the whine as it was nearly impossible to see where it was comming from. Open up the 8vsb module (it is long past warrenty) and simply unplug the fan from the internal mother board. If it is not the 8vsb, then the fan is in the 6psk module. The 6000 does not have a fan. BTW, I did extensive temperature measurements with and without the noisy fan and there was an insignificant difference. Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying but if you guys are saying that it is fan, I mentioned above that I didn't have the OTA unit installed which is the culprit for fan noise on the 6000.

If you were pointing out something that I missed please be sure to let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts