Whisenhunt to be Head Coach in Arizona

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
ANOTHER missed opportunity for my Jokeland Faiders to pony up and sign a highly touted coach.....:mad:

The Arizona Cardinals have their replacement for the fired Denny Green.

The Cardinals have tabbed Ken Whisenhunt as their new head coach, FOX NFL SUNDAY and FOXSports.com have learned. The former Steelers offensive coordinator has spent the last two days trying to nail down a deal and after working all night they finally got a deal done.

Whisenhunt was already on the phone Sunday morning with a handful of assistant coaching options, although he's likely to keep much if not all of the Cardinals defensive staff.

Whisenhunt also interviewed for the Dolphins and Steelers openings but it soon became clear that the Steelers were not jumping at a replacement for Bill Cowher.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6369102

ANOTHER missed opportunity for my Jokeland Faiders to pony up and sign a highly touted coach.....:mad:

The Arizona Cardinals have their replacement for the fired Denny Green.

The Cardinals have tabbed Ken Whisenhunt as their new head coach, FOX NFL SUNDAY and FOXSports.com have learned. The former Steelers offensive coordinator has spent the last two days trying to nail down a deal and after working all night they finally got a deal done.

Whisenhunt was already on the phone Sunday morning with a handful of assistant coaching options, although he's likely to keep much if not all of the Cardinals defensive staff.

Whisenhunt also interviewed for the Dolphins and Steelers openings but it soon became clear that the Steelers were not jumping at a replacement for Bill Cowher.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6369102

This is unfortunate for the Steelers.
Last week word was that they were hoping to keep both Whisenhunt and Grimm.
I have also heard Chan Gailey's name mentioned reciently, maybe that showed up when the Steelers felt they would lose Whisenhunt
Problem that losing Whisenhunt brings is they need a coach AND a new Offensive Coordinator.
So things may look quite different in Pittsburgh next year.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)