White Spring quest

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Here I knew about this good channel (WSTV) and I thinking seriously to occupy one dish especially for this bird...

I have the 4th position in my diseqc switch empty and I guess that is a good option.

Any recommendations for the G27 quest?

The programing carries closed-caption?

How strong is his transponder?

Thanks for your help.

I don't know if I would go through all the trouble to put up a dish just for one channel, but that's your decision to make.

You can view the channel online and decide if it's something you really want before making a commitment.

White Springs TV - Home Page

I don't know if I would go through all the trouble to put up a dish just for one channel, but that's your decision to make...
You´re right! Because of that, the instalation of Mr. Iceberg is a good idea.

Mmm...from 123 to 129 are only 6 degrees. I guess there is not enough space to put both lineal lnb´s together. My lnb´s are brand new I don´t know if I want to cut his front plastic.

What I need to add the 2nd lnb to my fix dish for G10R?

Thanks!

Last edited:
what kind of LNB's do you have?

you dont need to cut anything. I've used Fortec LNB's and Sadoun duals with no issues. Hoseclamp and a thin piece of wood and voila 2 LNB's on one dish

what kind of LNB's do you have?

Chaparral Universal linear Ku lnbf. I set in pansat configuration as Universal 1, works fine to me for G10R, AMC3 & G25. The diameter of his front white plastic: 2.25"

I wil try to do that instalation. Thanks.

the elevation actually depends on where in the US/Canada you are. The closer you are to the west coast the more even the LNB's will be. The pics in the above line are from a member in Iowa. If you were on the west coast, 129 will be close to level with 123. But yes the 127 LNB would normally be higher due to the reflection of the LNB.

127 is the LNB on the right :)

the elevation actually depends on where in the US/Canada you are...:)

I am in Texas's south, my data for elevation: 48.7 for 123W and 44.4 for 129W, skew: 37.5 for 123W and 43.4 for 129W. I hope no problems.

nah...so it would be pretty much set up the same way :)
I'm in MN (where elevation is a heckua lot less for those than 48....mine is around 29)

I am in Texas's south, my data for elevation: 48.7 for 123W and 44.4 for 129W, skew: 37.5 for 123W and 43.4 for 129W. I hope no problems.

South Texas? I live near San Antonio and White Springs comes in great.

I used a Primestar dish and strapped 2 Primestar LNB's together and got I good signal from G10 and G27 :up

For a lot of the country, you don't need much of a dish to get White Springs TV.
So, if a small dish would work, then being off-center on a big dish is often more than sufficient.
That's not universally true, but WSTV lays down a pretty good signal. ;)
Here is the power distribution map showing their signal strength across North America.
And here it is on a 20" dish, when I was just screwing around last year.

For a lot of the country, you don't need much of a dish to get White Springs TV.

Yeahhh men! Congratulations every body....Yesterday after-job I made the instalation of the second LNB, pieces of wood, the rest of materials...

It got 70% of quality, and working a little-bit more time the Q signal increases to 83%.

The blind scan found 6 tp, the first to appear with capitals: WSTV! other 5 channels were charged, but only WS can be viewed.

Was a good evening! last night all my world turns around WSTV: First escenes: war movie...port of NY....bety boop cartoon...popeye....sci-fi style monsters....dick tracy....uff! thats great! and only investing one lnb.

Again thank all!

Glad it worked out :)

The other transponders are just data so they'll log in a scan but no channels

got any pictures? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)