White static looking lines

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kerronis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
US and A
Hi all,

I have a 3 month old LG LED hooked up to a 722. About the last month or two I have noticed thin static looking lines going across the screen and almost flickering at times. This happens on all channels and especially around score bugs and other graphics on the screen. I can really only notice them when within about 6 ft of the screen and where I sit at about 10 ft I can't really notice them, but sometimes a white line will flash across the screen for a split second. I have switched out the HDMI cable and I don't notice these lines when watching Blu-rays, which makes me think there might be an issue with the 722 (its about 3 years old). Any ideas?

sounds like its more related to the source (ie, 722 does it, bluray doesn't) you could try using the Component Outputs on the dish receiver.. if not there, then its something in the HDMI path and may have a failure coming on ... if they replace the receiver you might want to include a note (a picture too) so that the person getting the receiver knows what your complaint was.. I have little faith in dish delivering useful information to repair techs.

I had something similar happen the other day for the 1st time, but in my case it was because I connected my laptop to the wall outlet where the TV was. Went away when I removed my laptop. In my case, must either be dirty power or a bad ground (those outlets are still just 2-prong, so I had a 3-prong adapter on it for a power strip).
So if changing cables doesn't help, maybe check what else is on the same circuit and disconnect anything you feel could be introducing noise onto the line.

What you are describing are called "mosquitoes", they are compression artifacts that also show up in digital still photos.

they usually show mostly around objects on a light colored solid background, there is often nothing you can do except not be quite so observant.

I agree with TG2 I would try using the Component output and see if it is still there. If it is not please PM with your account information and we can go about getting you a replacement 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)