white zones

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
if there is no locals available on satellite-yes
if there are locals available on satellite-no

"white zones
do they exist anymore?"

Sure! ... but white zones are for loading and unloading only.
No Parking in the White Zones.

(;))

What about HD feeds in a local market? I know you are the Guru on this dishrich. I have a friend who has OK city and HD feeds also. He did get them before the new law. With the new law that might change things on getting both.

Do you have to live in a white area inside the local market?

dishrich said:
You do understand your link is ONLY for E* locals & NOT D* locals, of which there are some differences... ;) ;)

crap..didnt see where this was located :)
(I thought it was the Dish forum)

sheridan said:
What is a "White Zone" (the satellite reference)
A white zone used to be a spot that you could get BOTH locals & distants.

Somewhere that is in the boonies that before locals were available, this was the only way to get distants. (live way far away from the towers). The rule was outside of a Grade B area. Where my cabin is (100 miles north of Minneapolis), I had locals and FOX distant, since I was outside of Fox’s Grade B area. (the rest I wasn’t)

When locals became available in an area, you could have both….not anymore

That went ka-put with the new SHVERA legislation, so the rule is if locals are available in an area, distants are not an option. If you had them before a pecific date, you had to choose.

If you live in an area where locals are not available, you CAN get distants. But you have to be outside the Grade B area. As an example, Mankato MN qualifies for NBC & FOX distants. That DMA the only channel in the area is CBS and ABC is a Grad

I beg to differ. In April I opted to keep NY & LA networks instead of local stations from Reno. In August, I added the locals from Reno so that I would not lose the HD networks from LA. I got to keep the SD networks from both NY & LA. The CSR told me if I dropped the NY & LA networks I couldn't get them back, but if I kept them I would continue to receive both NY & LA SD feeds as well as the local channels from Reno. The only thing that changed is I no longer get the HD feeds from NY.

I thought that too, but I had him repeat it several times and reassure me that I would not lose them unless I cancelled the distant networks. I did NOT lose them.

By the way "rule of thumb" originated in England and stated that husband could beat wife with a belt that was NO wider than his thumb.

Where I live I get all of the locals from Salt Lake City. However, my home town has a local NBC affiliate, KENV, yet I don't get that. I thought that they had to provide the nearest local available, yet I get NBC from Salt lake City, not from Elko, so I miss out on local news from my community. I can get it from an OTA, but I get an inferior picture.

It's funny because when I had cable they carried the local NBC affiliate, yet D* does not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)