Who can aim my C-Band 8' foot in Duluth?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

3DVideoguyPro

Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
I just acquired a 8 foot mesh dish and don't know how to program it on the satellites. Is their anyone in Northern Minnesota who can come out and align it? It has a dish rotator on it.

If you visit the site of one of the Sponsors at the top of the page, SatelliteAV, at the bottom of the page there is a link to a search engine that will show you local installers. It lists 5 installers in the Duluth, MN area. One of them should be able to assist you if none of the members here offer help.

The other alternative is to list all your equipment, post a few pictures of the dish(detailed of the mount and what's out in front of the dish[feed horn] is beneficial) and we (satelliteguys memebers) can talk you through it.
Heads up on the dish, when aimed at the highest it will go with the actuator, in the attached picture.
Usually only requires a large crescent wrench and an angle finder (third attached pic)
Here's the angles on the dish:

Attachments

• bobvick.jpg
    bobvick.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 162
  • polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 162
  • elev_6-7degrees.jpg
    elev_6-7degrees.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 144
Looking at that list the closest one is RB Electronics in Barnes, WI and R-U Wireless which is in Moose Lake

The others almost sound like they're here the Twin Cities (with the 612 cell number)

are you in Duluth proper or near there?

Would make a day trip for me but I have to work! :(
Autumn I might have time for such a trip...

You start by getting zenith. That is when the dish is at its highest point and not leaning at all either left or right.

Which receiver? Which lnb?

Post some pictures and we will tell you what to do next.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)