Who else has done Nielson Ratings (booklets / tv box)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
This makes the third time that I have done a Nielson ratings booklet. The first two times were at my parents when I had lived there and I filled them out. They gave $1 back in the late 1980s then $2 in the late 1990s. I done one for my girlfriend recently that paid $2 before the booklets arrived with the letter then they sent $30 with the booklets this time.

I remember doing a Primestar conversion back in 1999 where someone had a black box that connected to the Primestar box. They said my equipment was not compatible and swapped it with different receivers causing me a charge back (which I fought and got reversed).

Anybody else get these booklets or boxes that connect to your satellite/cable box to monitor your tv viewing for a week? I never hear anybody talk about them. I wonder how they determine who gets the boxes, if they pay for them and how long they keep track of the ratings with the box vs the booklets.

Always wanted to participate in a Nielson ratings,never have been called or mailed though.

Participated a couple of times some years ago. Believe I received $1 or $2. The last time I was contacted about doing it I politely declined but they sent me a packet anyway-I sent it back saying I would not participate again if they could not honor my wishes.

I have probably done four TV surveys---back in 1972, while growing up in North Dakota, I am certain they had to throw out my input, because they would not have been geared to measure reception from Canadian networks, which we got on cable. In 1981, I was moving from one place in Alaska to another. The week that the survey applied for---I was gone except for driving in late Saturday night, when I turned on the TV to whatever was playing on the local NBC station. The entry was recorded as three consecutive 30 minute episodes of McLean Stevenson's "Hello Larry", which he did after leaving MASH. That was my entire viewing for the week, so hope someone had fun analyzing that!
And they still got me to do a couple of more surveys during the 1990s and the following decade. Nothing like throwing a monkey wrench into the works, and I did it mostly by accident!

I did one tv one last year and it was only $2.00 I'm exluded from doing a radio one.. $30.00 that's sweet!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)