Who has better NBA playoff coverage?

Whose NBA playoff coverage is better?

• Total voters
Purogamer said:
Yeah well, they hype some white guys from time to time but it seems forced rather than natural...

Phoenix games are terribly boring, nash is boring. How he's the MVP i'll never know. They only won because Kobe threw a hissy fit. Watching the 4th quarter of that laker-suns game was torture, I almost put my foot through the screen because he wouldn't shoot and knock the suns out...
Steve Nash is boring??? Man, Nash is the shiznit! I don't necessarily agree with him being the MVP again this year, but he can flat-out play!

brainiac said:
I feel that Bill Walton goes out of his way to criticize the black ballplayers and hype the white ones.

Anyone that has watched BW for more than 5 mins know how incorrect this statement is.

charper1 said:
Anyone that has watched BW for more than 5 mins know how incorrect this statement is.
As would anyone who's ever watch Stephen A. Smith for more than five minutes. I've been watching Walton for years, even his Clippers broadcasts. He will get on a guy and won't let up. I haven't seen him do this to white players. But I guess I don't have a right to an opinion, yet we should take as gospel the comments about Stephen A. Smith? Anyone watching Smith knows that he just tells it like it is, albeit in his loud, obnoxious way.

Last edited:
brainiac said:
As would anyone who's ever watch Stephen A. Smith for more than five minutes. I've been watching Walton for years, even his Clippers broadcasts. He will get on a guy and won't let up. I haven't seen him do this to white players. But I guess I don't have a right to an opinion, yet we should take as gospel the comments about Stephen A. Smith? Anyone watching Smith knows that he just tells it like it is, albeit in his loud, obnoxious way.

I don't know about Walton being anti-black...but he IS a blabbering idiot that LOVES to hear himself talk. Knows very little compared to other analyst and bases ALL his opinions on WHEN HE PLAYED IN THE 60s!!!

I wonder if ESPN is kicking themselves for picking the Eastern Conference finals instead of the Western Conference finals? I know they have the bigger pull with the NBA because they pay the most money for tv rights, so they can pick what they want! I bet they probably thought San Antonio would be playing and they the series would be really boring, but they probably never thought Phoenix would make it back to the conference finals. TNT got the better end of the stick i think.

They probably chose the East because it generally start at a time that allows for higher ratings across all the time zones. This year's 4, no one went wrong IMHO.

brainiac said:
He was mocking Nesterovic because he's not worth a damn, not because he's white. Did you notice that his minutes went way down this year?

Charlie and Chance on the local sports talk station in San Antonio make fun of him all the time. They have the "Nesterovic Minute" where they look for the one highlight from his previous game. It's hilarious. Neserovic is just really bad no matter what color he is.

What's will Bill Walton never acknowledging his son's presence in Laker games? It was creepy in the regular season, but in the playoffs, when Luke was starting, it was doubly awkward.

Nash is not only boring, but he is without a doubt one of the top 10 ugliest mothers on the court...I can't eat while he's on screen...

and if he's so good, how come it's common opinion that while he's the MVP, he's not the best guy on his team?

Digital Dude said:
There is a reason the NBA has never had an 8 seed defeat a 1 seed, the NBA is just slightly above the WWE in it's objectivity.

Just my .02

Denver over Seattle back in the 90's. Was only five game series back then, but it did happen.

Purogamer said:
Nash is not only boring, but he is without a doubt one of the top 10 ugliest mothers on the court...I can't eat while he's on screen...

and if he's so good, how come it's common opinion that while he's the MVP, he's not the best guy on his team?

Hey may not be the BEST player on the team, but without him, the Suns are a sub-500 basketball team....period. I look at it this way, take away the most important player(not necessarily the best) and would these teams make the playoffs? I think that it was basically a 3-way tie between Koby, Nash and Lebron...because without neither of them, NONE would have made the playoffs....Believe me, I am not a Nash fan. It does not make sense to me that Shaq is one of THE best players of ALL time and has only ONE MVP trophy.....and Nash has 2...!! LOL....go figure....

And he is one of THE ugliest players in the league....but THE king of GODDAMN THAT GUY IS UGLY is .......Sam Cassel.....i.e., ET!!

rifleman69 said:
Denver over Seattle back in the 90's. Was only five game series back then, but it did happen.

When Charlotte had Alonzo Mourning early in his career, they beat an 1 seed when they were an 8th seed and the Celtics were the 1 seed.

salsadancer7 said:
I am ASSUMING that the Celtics were the 1 seed because I KNOW the Hornets were the 8 seed.

I remember that series, it was in 1993, Charlotte was a 6 seed and they beat Boston which was a 3 seed. It was remembered because one of Boston's players ended up dieing after that series.

There have been only 2 playoff series where an 8 seed beat a 1 seed. The first one was in 1994 where the 1 seed Seattle losing to 8 seed Denver, and in 1999 lockout season where the 1 seed Miami lost to the 8 seed New York Knicks (who made it all the way to the finals where they got trounced by the Spurs, which led to the Knicks to desperately resigning all thier players at rediculous salaries, which cause the Knicks payoff to spiral out of control, and led them to hire that idiot Isiah Thomas, where he made it even worse, only now they suck and they are over paid!)

houselog442 said:
I remember that series, it was in 1993, Charlotte was a 6 seed and they beat Boston which was a 3 seed. It was remembered because one of Boston's players ended up dieing after that series.

There have been only 2 playoff series where an 8 seed beat a 1 seed. The first one was in 1994 where the 1 seed Seattle losing to 8 seed Denver, and in 1999 lockout season where the 1 seed Miami lost to the 8 seed New York Knicks (who made it all the way to the finals where they got trounced by the Spurs, which led to the Knicks to desperately resigning all thier players at rediculous salaries, which cause the Knicks payoff to spiral out of control, and led them to hire that idiot Isiah Thomas, where he made it even worse, only now they suck and they are over paid!)

LMAO...:haha :haha :haha That's what I get for assuming! Could have SWORN they were a 8 seed...oh well!:bow

Ok, so if we remove the 3 stars from their teams, I think the suns would have had the better record among the teams, followed by the lakers and the cavs bringing up the rear. Without lebron, the cavs would have won 15 games tops...

Purogamer said:
Ok, so if we remove the 3 stars from their teams, I think the suns would have had the better record among the teams, followed by the lakers and the cavs bringing up the rear. Without lebron, the cavs would have won 15 games tops...

Be can you say they would have made the playoffs? I doubt that, especially in the tough west.