Who has Mulitiple DVR's on one TV?

I'm embarrassed to admit that in the living room two 722's, one for each person because I got tired of fighting for space for my shows or having their shows sucking up my space, and one 222K for guests and DVD recordings because I don't want guests stopping any of our recordings so they can watch TV.

In the office, one 722 and one 722K, both for me as a back-up and ability to watch my shows in HD if in living room or forced to watch TV in office. Also in the office, a Tivo Series 3.

Having the pre-"K" series boxes and the "K" series boxes connected to the same TV has allowed me to notice, and enjoy, the superior PQ of the "K" series ViP's. The 722K and 222K both have a noticeably brighter, sharper, and more vivid PQ. When I switch to my 722 in either room, the EPG looks noticeably blurry compared to the "K" as one example.

I have been shamed. Thoroughly shamed.

What do your monthly equipment fees look like?!?

Good point. I originally got 4 then the max of 6 STB's because we had more people living with us. Now, I still keep the 6 because my family and mom's co-workers ask me to record quite a bit of TV such as something on Hallmark or whatever, you name it.

I have 4 ViP Duo DVR's and 2 ViP Duo non-DVR STB's. All connected to either telephone line or broadband internet. I'm an AEP, so there is no DVR fee charge for any of the DVR's. Now you can do the math from that to get my equipment charges. It really is high, and I would love it if Dish could reduce those monthly box charges (leased fee or additional receiver fee if owned). With the money I save, I might buy more programming:). If I didn't have AEP, the DVR service fees would be a pretty big burden, but with AEP, I at least get some programming (premium move channels plus some sports services) for the extra money.

I'm embarrassed to admit that in the living room two 722's, one for each person because I got tired of fighting for space for my shows or having their shows sucking up my space, and one 222K for guests and DVD recordings because I don't want guests stopping any of our recordings so they can watch TV.

In the office, one 722 and one 722K, both for me as a back-up and ability to watch my shows in HD if in living room or forced to watch TV in office. Also in the office, a Tivo Series 3.

Having the pre-"K" series boxes and the "K" series boxes connected to the same TV has allowed me to notice, and enjoy, the superior PQ of the "K" series ViP's. The 722K and 222K both have a noticeably brighter, sharper, and more vivid PQ. When I switch to my 722 in either room, the EPG looks noticeably blurry compared to the "K" as one example.

WOW! Now that is some serious recording capability!

Serious question for some of you with all the tuners and storage. How many hours of TV do you watch in a week? How many different hours of programing are watched in your house and how many people combine to get that total.

I have a 722K and a 508 for the kids. more capacity than I will ever get watched with the 1tb hard drive added. There is always more there than I will ever get to and I am never out of space.

AND Jim5506 ...... Go Huskers!!!!

Serious question for some of you with all the tuners and storage. How many hours of TV do you watch in a week? How many different hours of programing are watched in your house and how many people combine to get that total.

I have ONE unit and TWO users. I have fifty timers, mostly series recordings, mostly hour-long dramas, set to new episodes. Every season I have to remove the timers for shows that aren't currently on the air, or my list quickly gets over 80timers, and that's impossible to manage and prioritize.

Probably three out of five timers are mine, mostly one-hour programs. One out of five timers are hers, about half'n'half one-hour or half-hour programs. The fifth timer is usually something that either she or I are waiting to get good before we axe the timer.

Eight or so of the fifty timers are my car shows, which are my only 30-minute shows. I chew through the 2-hour-long Power Block from Saturday morning on Spike in about one hour flat by selectively skipping segments within the programs. Bec watches almost all four hours per week of So You Think You Can Dance with about the same efficiency.

I would never attempt to sit in front of a TV for 35-40 hours per week on somebody else's schedule, but that's the beauty of a DVR; you get what you think you might want to watch, and if it sits on the disk for too long, you just toss it. Having that many tuners also lets me be in three places at once. I bet Nielsen is having a great time figuring out which of the three shows at 8PM on Thursday I'm actually watching...

I for one have nearly 100 HD movies on external HDD that I haven't gotten to yet. It seems I have very little time to watch TV, but I will watch them, and if I have to downgrade to the minimum package because of this economy, I will have a ton of programming to watch in the absence of a lot of channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)