Who has seen a VOOM dish?

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
I have never seen a VOOM dish anywhere besides my own house. And, believe me, I look at rooftops all the time as I am driving, always looking for that VOOM logo! Still waiting to spot my first random VOOM dish! :shocked

Have you ever seen a VOOM dish where you had nothing to do with it? You didn't refer a friend, etc. Just spotted a random VOOM dish somewhere??

I would be very surprised if any of you were able to say "Yes!" :smug But I hope somebody here can!

To tell you the truth it may not mean much at all if there are none spotted around... I had a D* dish already on my roof and the installer just aimed the dish for Voom and I've been vooming ever since.

I'm not sure how many installers would do this, but I haven't had the first problem with my install.

Yes, I've actually seen 2 other Voom dishes. Both have the Winegard Sensar (wing) antenna above it, which is a dead giveaway. Dish orientation (pointing at the ESE horizon) is another thing I look for.

There are 2 other voOmers on my street :cool: But, I had the service first. :D I noticed when they had their voOm dishes/Winegard (wings) installed and my install is different than the others. The installer placed the Winegard below my dish not above it.

1080iBeVuMin said:
I have never seen a VOOM dish anywhere besides my own house. And, believe me, I look at rooftops all the time as I am driving, always looking for that VOOM logo! Still waiting to spot my first random VOOM dish! :shocked

Have you ever seen a VOOM dish where you had nothing to do with it? You didn't refer a friend, etc. Just spotted a random VOOM dish somewhere??

I would be very surprised if any of you were able to say "Yes!" :smug But I hope somebody here can!

Yep. The neighbor across the street had it before I did, and I have seen two others along the main street I take everyday. Maybe there is hope for my neighborhood after all as I am surrounded by D* and E* dishes! :eek: :D

I haven't seen a Voom dish were i live. I have the 24" dish that doesn't say Voom on it so other sub could be the same. Most of the homes were i live have D*or the E* dishes.

The only dishes I've seen pointed to 61.5 say Dish on them. As mentioned someone could be using them for Voom but I've yet to see a dish with Voom printed on it. And I do live in an area that's sort of upscale for this neck of the woods.

The only VOOM dish I have seen is the one on the side of our home. I do look around while driving, but to be honest I'm more interested in OTA antennas and the little bat-wings won't work in my neck of the woods.

like others said. I've seen some dishes pointed at 61.5 but I havent seen a dish that said voom

Here's an addendum - How many have seen a house that has 2 or more satellite dishes?

BFG said:
...Here's an addendum - How many have seen a house that has 2 or more satellite dishes?
I see lots of houses around here with multiple satellite dishes, usually with "Dish" or "DirecTV" logo. I guess they point to different satellites for different channels?

I am very surprised that so many people have posted that they saw random Voom dishes while driving!! I would swerve and have a wreck if I ever saw one. :shocked

BFG said:
Here's an addendum - How many have seen a house that has 2 or more satellite dishes?

I've only seen E* with multiple dishes, not any D* dishes yet. Our LIL's are on 101 so most have just the single LNB dish, but I'm seeing more phase III's pop up.

BFG said:

Drive by mine. I have 3 30" dishes, and 1 24". One of the round dishes has a glued on 2nd lnb, to get a sattelite close to the first (110, 119).

All the switches, combiners, etc are on a tree in my back yard, with 4 wires dug in the ground to my house.

My voom dish (18") at 61.5 is on the edge of my neighbors yard (250' away), due to trees. I did not have a clear line of site. I'll replace it with 24" when/if voom survives and they 61.5/72 controversy is done.

For future VOOMING, in his yard, I have clear line of site for 61.5 and 72 :)

RPacion said:
Yes, I've actually seen 2 other Voom dishes. Both have the Winegard Sensar (wing) antenna above it, which is a dead giveaway. Dish orientation (pointing at the ESE horizon) is another thing I look for.

Here in Minneapolis there is a lcoal on 61.5, so the dishes aimed that way could be for that :)

philhu said:
Drive by mine. I have 3 30" dishes, and 1 24". One of the round dishes has a glued on 2nd lnb, to get a sattelite close to the first (110, 119).

All the switches, combiners, etc are on a tree in my back yard, with 4 wires dug in the ground to my house.

my brother from another mother :D:D

I've got 2 30", Dish500, 37x27 (StarChoice), 39x23 (DirecPC for FTA) and 2 Dish300's
2 LNB's attached to the DirecPC too :D

I've seen one. Back in November 03, driving around angry I had DirecTV, a big plasma HDTV and nothing I could really do with it, I noticed a VOOm dish. I rushed home did a search and discovered Voom. I subscribed. For the life of me I can't find that house again.

But if someone were to drive by my house they wouldn't even see my dish. I've always kept it hidden for aesthetic reasons.

BTW: way back when I was researching my HD DBS options I hated the idea of having to create my own "earth station" array of dishes either big, oblong or small. Voom's big bonus for me was the single dish. It made me very happy and I still thinks it's a big plus.

philhu said:

My voom dish (18") at 61.5 is on the edge of my neighbors yard (250' away), due to trees. I did not have a clear line of site. I'll replace it with 24" when/if voom survives and they 61.5/72 controversy is done.

For future VOOMING, in his yard, I have clear line of site for 61.5 and 72 :)

:shocked I take it you are not at the mercy of a Home Owners Association :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)