Who has the worst sports fans?

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Pretty self explanitory. I'm watching the Mets literally blow the game against the Phillies and I was wondering who has the worst fans. I've heard some stories about Philly fans being very bad.
My question is-who has the worst fans? This maybe a dumb thing to say but which sport would it be? In other words, are Phillies fans worst than Eagles fans. Are Yankees fans worst than Jets fans. This might sound confusing but I thought it would be an interesting thread.

I DO think Philly has bad fans.

If someone forgets to put the caramel on their sundae- they'll get booed.

Last edited:
Pretty self explanitory. I'm watching the Mets literally blow the game against the Phillies and I was wondering who has the worst fans. I've heard some stories about Philly fans being very bad.
My question is-who has the worst fans? This maybe a dumb thing to say but which sport would it be? In other words, are Phillies fans worst than Eagles fans. Are Yankees fans worst than Jets fans. This might sound confusing but I thought it would be an interesting thread.

Now if you are talking about supporting their own team....NOTHING compares to Marlins fans....and and that hurt to say. IF you are talking about unrully, obnoxious, rude and 95% complete a$$****s....then it could be a tie between New York Jets fans and Philadelphia Eagles fans. As a city, Philly is REALLY bad.

And this is coming from a guy who loves the 76ers.

Philadelphia......They even booed Santa Claus.

Come on now... is this all you guys have!

How can you be the worst sports fans yet sell out every game?

There are far too many "fair weather fans" out there yet we get the blame and 99% of the time it comes up "They booed Santa Claus"... when you learn the story of that day you'd be throwin stuff at Santa too.

What other city can have their hockey team have the worst record in the league, still sell out every game that year, and then sell out the entire next year just because they love the team?

We may boo at players who underperform and run their mouths (aka Jimmy Rollins) yet we have never booed Iverson, and we have never booed the players we support (Utley has been stinkin up the place and still gets a standing O when he comes out. Westbrook has NEVER been booed)

lol when I was a kid Mike Schmidt was my hero... and then he made stupid comments about our city (he still does). The saying is "never bite the hand that feeds you" and a lot of the athletes in our city never learn. We cheered every time Lindros hit the ice (even though he was a damn bum and is the reason I became an Avalanche fan... stupid "let's trade foresberg" idea) We support those who know their place and love the city. We boo those who think they are better than the team.

lol when I was a kid Mike Schmidt was my hero... and then he made stupid comments about our city (he still does). The saying is "never bite the hand that feeds you" and a lot of the athletes in our city never learn. We cheered every time Lindros hit the ice (even though he was a damn bum and is the reason I became an Avalanche fan... stupid "let's trade foresberg" idea) We support those who know their place and love the city. We boo those who think they are better than the team.

And ANY stadium that had a small COMPLETE JAIL....sorry....as Eddie Murphy once said...."there's a hint fo yo a$$......!";)

actually a bunch of stadiums have it... we were just trendsetters :)

Fron NY Press:
About half of all NFL arenas are now prison-equipped. In-house jails come standard at the stadiums managed by SMG, one of the world's largest public facilities management companies.

"All of our NFL facilities have some form of detention," says Glenn Mon, SMG's senior vice-president of stadiums and arenas, "though currently none has on-site judicial." (Among the arenas that SMG manages is Jacksonville's Alltel stadium, the site of this year's Superbowl.) The NBA should take note. Let fans smoke dope. And if they act up, chuck 'em in the dungeon.

So does that mean every city has bad fans?

Fron NY Press:
About half of all NFL arenas are now prison-equipped. In-house jails come standard at the stadiums managed by SMG, one of the world's largest public facilities management companies.

"All of our NFL facilities have some form of detention," says Glenn Mon, SMG's senior vice-president of stadiums and arenas, "though currently none has on-site judicial." (Among the arenas that SMG manages is Jacksonville's Alltel stadium, the site of this year's Superbowl.) The NBA should take note. Let fans smoke dope. And if they act up, chuck 'em in the dungeon.

Yup. Cleveland Browns Stadium has a "holding cell". Just a place to throw a drunk in until he sobers up and the Cleveland City Police come and pick them up.

Fron NY Press:

Is THAT the phrase being used? LOL

Because it's not exactly a glamorous area of the stadium to showoff to the public.

Does the one in Cleveland look like this:

torture_chamber.jpg

;)

You all may think I'm crazy but I think the worst fans aren't the hometown fans but the posers. The "mets fans" who live in south Jersey fifteen minutes from Citizen's Bank Park. "The Red Sox fans" who live a block away from yankee stadium. These are the asses that come to the stadiums for the sole purpose of starting stuff. It's not the typical "I love the mets so I'm going on the road to see them play" fan who cheers for their team but is there for the game, it's the "Mets are better than your team" attitude that goes to start a fight.

I am a Carolina Panthers fan and I've gone to a few Eagles games and as long as you don't try to start problems you are fine. You may get ribbed a bit but you'd do the same if someone came to your home town. That said if I went to the game and started yelling "Westbrook sucks" or "Dawkins is a ____" then I may have crap thrown at me. That said if I yell "McNabb is a bum" the rest of the crowd may join in :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)