Who home DVR CONNECTION

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tigerfan55

Original poster
May 14, 2008
So I had a tech come to the house about 8 months ago and hook everything up and install new boxes. The main HD DVR box is in the LR but doesn't have Internet access so he hooked it up through the new H23 In the back. He installed the new white connected home adapter to the front and back rooms I believe. Anyway about 2-3 months ago we moved our network router to another room and the wife unplugged the box and now I am trying to plug it back in and make it work. I have a Ethernet cable running from the router now but where do I plug it in? When I went to look the Home Adapter had a Ethernet cable from it to the box in the BR but then I couldn't plug in TE cable from my router anywhere. So I plugged it in from the router to the home adapter box and now I have Internet in the living room because it is running through it but I can't get the BR I read the LR's DVR list. When I go to the menu it says no networked DVR's found. So do I have it hooked up incorrectly somehow? Can anyone help?

Unhook to Ethernet cable. It disables the deca in the receiver an it makes it unable to read the dvr(s). You need to have a coax line ran to where your router is and from there you connect the broadband deca (little black box) from there you will have a Ethernet cable connect from there to your router. That will pull up your Internet on the receivers and let the compatible receiver connect to each other. Be sure to reset the receiver that correctly has the cable plugged in to now.

Unhook to Ethernet cable. It disables the deca in the receiver an it makes it unable to read the dvr(s). You need to have a coax line ran to where your router is and from there you connect the broadband deca (little black box) from there you will have a Ethernet cable connect from there to your router. That will pull up your Internet on the receivers and let the compatible receiver connect to each other. Be sure to reset the receiver that correctly has the cable plugged in to now.

Currently the wife said she only unhooked the Ethernet cable. So does the Ethernet cable plug into the deca mine is a white box tht I have? And then reset the boxes? It has coax hooked into it now and has a spot for the Ethernet to plug into it. After I plug it in it should read through the coax correct?

Currently the wife said she only unhooked the Ethernet cable. So does the Ethernet cable plug into the deca mine is a white box tht I have? And then reset the boxes? It has coax hooked into it now and has a spot for the Ethernet to plug into it. After I plug it in it should read through the coax correct?

Yes, the ethernet cable from your router goes into the deca device that has a power supply and coax connected to it. It will supply internet to all your receivers. You may need to reboot the receiver you plugged the ethernet cable into to re-enable the internal deca.

Pardon me, but I am confused. Are you trying to restore your MRV [Whole Home DVR] (as your heading suggests) or are you trying to establish a connection to your internet for Video on Demand; or both? Getting a handle on this can help get you the information you seem to be seeking. Right now I can't tell.

Thanks.

I am trying to restore my WHDVR service. Where the router was hooked up before was in the BR where I just have the HD box and somehow the Internet was running through it. But the white box with 3 green lights and 2 coax connections and a Ethernet connection all was full and I have no clue what to do to make it with again. When I first looked at it they had a blue Ethernet cable plugged into it and I to the HD box and that is how it is also in the LR on the HDDVR box after checking tonight. So how the heck was the ethernet cable hooked up to the back unit to get the internet and connect the BR HD box an the LR HDDVR??? Does the WH system use the Ethernet/Internet at all. I assume it does. Plus I would love the intetnet to work in the LR which is the HDDVR box where I can get VOD service

OK. We are getting closer. Now I need to know exactly what kind and how many DVRs and receivers you have. It sounds like 2 DVRs and 1 receiver, but it is unclear. It is also important to know what models they are. Everything other than an H/HR24 needs an external DECA to make Whole Home DVR work. That is the white box with a very short cat-5 cable going to your receiver/DVR. If you had VOD working you should have an extra DECA (hopefully a black one) sitting around somewhere. That is the one that you will need to connect to your internet to. It just needs a coax cable going to your splitter, or can be connected to a splitter behind one of your receivers. Anyway, it is important to know the models of all your equipment to give you the information you want.

A few months ago I had a movers installation, when we moved onto our new house. They wired it with SWM and DECA and no Internet connection. Off and on, after the tech left and for days, I would have only had 1 tuner that worked on my DVRs. I ended up unhooking and removing all of the DECA equipment and hard wiring the receivers together with Cat-6. Haven' had a problem since, and now have the Internet for TV Apps and You Tube.

Got it Working My black box that the Ethernet was plugged into was hid so I didn't know where to plug the Ethernet into. After I read you post I looked around and notices I was missing that. Working perfectly now

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)