who is Directv installer in Milpitas - North San Jose area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

young707

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I am in Milpitas, CA. I am currently unhappy Comcast cable customer.
I am planning to switch to DirecTV.

Can you please tell me any monthly price difference between Standard Definition and High Definition receivers? I have two TVs.

Can you please tell me who is DirecTV installer in Milpitas / North San Jose area?
I want to make sure installer will install dish my my chimney without walking on my tile roof.

Nobody is going to walk on a tile roof. You are going to need a chimney strap and someone to install it...it is not part of the DirecTV FREE installation. Probably you are a candidate for a pole mount on the lawn near your electric meter.

Solid Signal, Inc. , among others offers all DirecTV receivers and will ship them. Regardless of where you get your equipment you will end up leasing it. Customers rarely own DirecTV eq.

RE the SD or HD issue. There is a ten dollar / month charge for HD service. HD requires a different dish and receivers. All HD receivers and recorders (another monthly charge) can produce an SD only service.

DirecTV call centers will give you exact numbers on all this. DirecTV will install the whole thing. They will find an installer. Unless you have a reason for not using the company guys.... call DirecTV.

You might try the installer site here or Cablebar to find a tech; post your zip code.

Joe

Nobody is going to walk on a tile roof. You are going to need a chimney strap and someone to install it...it is not part of the DirecTV FREE installation. Probably you are a candidate for a pole mount on the lawn near your electric meter.

Solid Signal, Inc. , among others offers all DirecTV receivers and will ship them. Regardless of where you get your equipment you will end up leasing it. Customers rarely own DirecTV eq.

RE the SD or HD issue. There is a ten dollar / month charge for HD service. HD requires a different dish and receivers. All HD receivers and recorders (another monthly charge) can produce an SD only service.

DirecTV call centers will give you exact numbers on all this. DirecTV will install the whole thing. They will find an installer. Unless you have a reason for not using the company guys.... call DirecTV.

You might try the installer site here or Cablebar to find a tech; post your zip code.

Joe

Also want to add that no installer is going to put a hd dish on a chimney. We actually dont officially do chimney mounts at all anymore. Your going to need someone private to do that, and as joe said expect to pay extra at the time of install for it.

Also want to add that no installer is going to put a hd dish on a chimney. We actually dont officially do chimney mounts at all anymore. Your going to need someone private to do that, and as joe said expect to pay extra at the time of install for it.

Yup,
I only did one HD mount on a chimney and the customer made the mount in his company metal shop. If you visualize two pieces of 1/4 inch steel plate being bent at right angles to wrap the chimney and then turn buckles added to tighten it around the chimney with a mast base was welded to the frame.....that is what it took. He estimated he could make another for around two hundred bucks but wouldn't. He reasoned he would then become a manufacturer. If and when the thing broke a chimney or something happened to an installer he did not want to get dragged into court.

Likewise installers get so little per installation there is just no incentive to go the extra mile. I stand corrected. Chimney straps worked for years on light antennas and still work ok for the SD round dish. But stocking them and using about one a year makes pole mounts look pretty good.

There is another way.....again $$$$$$....but you can place a 2" steel pole in concrete like a flag pole beside a building and attach it to the building near the top of the pole. A dish can be installed on these $$$steel poles but they must be set to not spin or otherwise not blow around.

Then there are "whamcons" with monopoles to spike into brick walls & chimneys.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)