Who is having problems with HDMI with 211/411/622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would run that long cable up over something, thereby eliminating all of the downward force on the connector. Looking at the design, a little upward force looks like a good thing for the 622 HDMI connector.

Support that cable at the back of the receiver. Don't let it droop. That downforce could be a lever, causing the connector pins on the PCB board to lift.

I actually was supporting the cable in the back of the receiver. That is what made me even more angry. The signal still went out. I made sure the cable did not droop at all. I guess I'll have to hold it myself back there.:D

Are we ready for a Class Action Lawsuit against DishNetwork?

Don't get me wrong, I like Dishnetwork's programming and for the most part their service. However, I am not a fan of misleading customers on purpose to cover up a major design flaw. I'm sure most of you have multiple HDMI devices that do not fail where your DishNetwork receiver fails often (with multiple replacements). After personal experience and after reading posts on this thread I've concluded that we have a serious problem that Dishnetwork is covering up.

All we are asking is for Dishnetwork to admit a design flaw, fix the problem, and recall all receivers to get the problem properly fixed.

Thoughts?

Steve

Don't get me wrong, I like Dishnetwork's programming and for the most part their service. However, I am not a fan of misleading customers on purpose to cover up a major design flaw. I'm sure most of you have multiple HDMI devices that do not fail where your DishNetwork receiver fails often (with multiple replacements). After personal experience and after reading posts on this thread I've concluded that we have a serious problem that Dishnetwork is covering up.

All we are asking is for Dishnetwork to admit a design flaw, fix the problem, and recall all receivers to get the problem properly fixed.

Thoughts?

Steve

Good luck with that.

Besides my 622 HDMI works flawlessly.

I would run that long cable up over something, thereby eliminating all of the downward force on the connector. Looking at the design, a little upward force looks like a good thing for the 622 HDMI connector.

The last Tech Chat Mark Jackson mentioned a 'through hole' hdmi connector their working on, still sounds like the old HDMI connector is still an issue

Good luck with that.

Besides my 622 HDMI works flawlessly.
Took me 4 or 5 622's to get one that finally worked. No issues with any other hdmi device ever (ps3, blu-ray, hd-dvd, dvd, 6412, etc). Must have been me doing something wrong. Dish couldn't possibly make a faulty piece of equipment!:rolleyes:

That was me. Still working fine after the "repair"... :up
-- KEENE

Update: My 622 HDMI port finally gave up the ghost. I came back from a week's vacation and it was dead.

Guess I'll have to call in for a replacement box -- hopefully with one of the redesigned ports...
-- KEENE

This thread has been surprisingly inactive for a while. Data collected from surveys here over late 2006 and early 2007 periods indicated that about 60% of the HDMI connectors were failing. Haven't heard from anyone with newer boxes that could state if they have changed the flawed assembly/design of the port.

I replaced my older 622 that I bought last February in 2006. The hdmi has never worked right from the begining but I finally decided to replace it and now the replacement is working great and I can finally see my video in pure digital and the sound is coming out of the hdmi cable for the first time ever. THis is why I wanted hdmi in the first place.

Mine failed last month after having it for over a year. I decided NOT to replace it since I had a number of movies on it and didn't want to lose them. I just put in component cables and can't see any difference.

Update: My 622 HDMI port finally gave up the ghost. I came back from a week's vacation and it was dead.

Guess I'll have to call in for a replacement box -- hopefully with one of the redesigned ports...
-- KEENE

Mmm, maybe I spoke too soon.

Today, after my 622 was downgraded from the L409 to L405 software, when I tried the "reset HDMI" button, the HDMI port started working again. "Reset HDMI" didn't fix it the other day when I still had L409.

I believe I did get L409 during the week I was away...

Or, maybe the pins on the port just decided to be less twitchy today. :confused: I guess I'll see how it goes...

My TV is an older Samsung TSN3084WHD, if they're mucking with the software side of the HDMI port and that's a useful data point...
-- KEENE

211 HMDI cable

Couple of nights ago I moved the unit to make an antenna change and lost the audio...picture was ok. After resetting, unplugging didn't work I replaced the HDMI cable, and presto...audio back.

Note: moving the original cable in the port...unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable back in did nothing.

I thought, at least on the 622's, that the "HDMI" port didn't pass audio?

Although, I thought I saw a post in the L409 thread where someone talked about the HDMI port -now- passes audio...?

I wondered if that was possibly part of my problem? If they "tightened up" the HDMI software with L409 to include audio -- I connect to my TV with a HDMI-to-DVI cable, and I wonder if they broke support for that?
-- KEENE

No if you go from HDMI to DVI it should not support audio. You must go HDMI to HDMI. DVI does not pass audio only HDMI to HDMI this is why TV's with DVI inputs have audio inputs below them. To where TV's with HDMI input on back will not have a audio input below them.

No if you go from HDMI to DVI it should not support audio. You must go HDMI to HDMI. DVI does not pass audio only HDMI to HDMI this is why TV's with DVI inputs have audio inputs below them. To where TV's with HDMI input on back will not have a audio input below them.

Yes, I know that.

I was saying (among other things) that it was my understanding that the 622's HDMI port didn't pass audio even if you -did- have it hooked up to a HDMI input on your TV.

There were some comments awhile back about "why do they call it a HDMI port on the 622 when it doesn't support the HDMI spec (w/audio)"...
-- KEENE

Yes, I know that.

I was saying (among other things) that it was my understanding that the 622's HDMI port didn't pass audio even if you -did- have it hooked up to a HDMI input on your TV.

There were some comments awhile back about "why do they call it a HDMI port on the 622 when it doesn't support the HDMI spec (w/audio)"...
-- KEENE

It always passed audio, but did not originally comply with some of the rest of the spec. I believe that changes they made that allowed it to pass DD 5.1 now make it compliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts