Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just say this on radioandrecords.com

'Diamond Dave' To Replace Howard Stern?

Rumors that onetime Van Halen singer David Lee Roth will succeed WXRK/New York-based morning host Howard Stern in New York and in several other cities have spread furiously throughout the industry. Stern's move to Sirius in January 2006 has yielded much speculation about possible successors to the self-proclaimed "King of All Media," and the talk regarding Mr. Roth — who has been a fill-in host at Infinity stations in the past — first came to light at steppinoutmagazine.com in a piece written by Chauncé Hayden. Hayden is the publisher of Steppin' Out magazine and a frequent guest on Howard Stern's show.

The online report reads, "Howard Stern's successor has been found! It's none other than '80s rocker David Lee Roth. Infinity Broadcasting isn't commenting and Roth has been asked to keep mum until it's officially announced. But an inside source at Infinity has confirmed the signing. Roth auditioned for the job both in L.A. and Boston and got very positive feed back from listeners. Roth has been running ads in trade publications looking for a producer 'for a huge radio show.' Roth is said to be taking over for Stern in early September, three months before the shock jock's contract is due to expire."

When contacted by R&R for comment, Infinity VP/Communications Karen Mateo said, "Yes, Roth has appeared on our stations in LA and in Boston. We are looking at a number of different personalities to replace Howard Stern. However there are no imminent announcements at this time."

You may be Stern less for 3 months looks like they are going to remove him from the air in September.

I would think that it would be better for them to have a proven radio program to promote to this slot.

I don't think there's anyone nationwide replacing the howard program. Each station would have to decide what to air in that timeslot

Scott Greczkowski said:
You may be Stern less for 3 months looks like they are going to remove him from the air in September.

I have a feeling it will be worth the wait!!

God I hope so, he can walk in to Sirius two ways.

1) Is just to walk in and say I am here and not really do anything but just collect a huge paycheck for 3 years.

2) He could revamp his show and make it the talk of the radio industry.

Let's hope it is number 2. :)

I wish he would bring back Jackie, the show has not been the same since he left.

Well let's hope he directs his energy into to making the show better, rather than concentrating on what is keeping him down currently, which I have no doubts he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)