Who Makes the 811 for Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Echostar Technologies Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Echostar Communications Corporation.

I thought several of the Harmony remotes worked okay with the 811. And I would think they would have no problem with an Hitachi TV.

My 811 remote, to my great surprise, can control both my TV and my H-K receiver.

Quoting from the 2003 EchoStar Communications Corporation Annual Report, p. 5:
We currently have an agreement with JVC to distribute our receiver systems under its label through certain of its nationwide retailers, and an agreement with Thomson multimedia, Inc. to distribute our receiver systems under the EchoStar and RCA label through certain of its nationwide retailers.

More:
Although we internally design and engineer our receiver systems, we outsource manufacturing to high-volume contract electronics manufacturers. Sanmina-SCI Corporation (formerly known as SCI Systems, Inc.) is the primary manufacturer of our receiver systems. JVC also manufactures some of our receiver systems. In addition, during 2002, we signed manufacturing agreements with RCA/Thomson and Celetron USA, Inc.

I use the MX-700 from Universal Remotes, and I (and my wife!) have been very satisfied with it. PC programmable makes it great, because you can use files with codes in them to run your equipment, such as your DVD capability of the Xbox. Check them out at http://universalremote.com/products/ .

As far as "making" the receivers, Echostar contracts the manufacturing with an Electronics Contract Manufacturer (ECM). I have no idea who they use today, but in the late 90's the receivers were being built by SCI in Huntsville, Alabama. I'm sure the receivers are built today either in Mexico or China by one of the big ECM's (Solectron, Sanmina, Jabil, Flextronics, etc).

The Big Wood said:
I use the MX-700 from Universal Remotes, and I (and my wife!) have been very satisfied with it. PC programmable makes it great, because you can use files with codes in them to run your equipment, such as your DVD capability of the Xbox. Check them out at http://universalremote.com/products/ .

As far as "making" the receivers, Echostar contracts the manufacturing with an Electronics Contract Manufacturer (ECM). I have no idea who they use today, but in the late 90's the receivers were being built by SCI in Huntsville, Alabama. I'm sure the receivers are built today either in Mexico or China by one of the big ECM's (Solectron, Sanmina, Jabil, Flextronics, etc).
Thank I will look at them

I have the Logitech 880 but cant get the 811 to work with it.
Anyone have an advice or a place with a good step by step? The one from Logitech support doesn't help make it work. :no

The preprogrammed selection is for remote #1 or ignoring remote number. You cannot program it remote to remote from a UHF pro (no infrared output on Sat). There is a special programming mode on some HD receivers (811?), which send out the IR for the programmable remote from the receiver after getting the RF button. Better yet, use a 50x remote to program the programmable, sans the Dish and PIP buttons, which latter does not apply to 811.
-Ken

The 811 does have a IR burst on the front of it to program IR remotes. I used a remote for one of my 301's, because the IR blast through the receiver is slow, and I'd move the remote before it had been programmed. I use a ONEforAll learning remote that I paid $20 at Wal-Mart for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts