Who makes the HDTVs dish is selling?

I believe it's RCA that makes them. I've only seen the projection TV. I've seen better. Don't know who makes the LCD's.

What I'd like to know is if the TV's are covered if you are signed up on the DISH home protection plan since the TV's are only for purchase. If it defects are you SOL or what?

I plan on getting a SONY.

well im looking for a new tv and i want to get hdtv but i dont wanna give up my 522 for the 811 for one tv and another reciver and plus im in the dha so i dont get a hd dvr

The direct view monitors are a brand called Thompson (Yeah, I never heard of them either). They look like RCA's but I needed the focus adjusted and the TVservice center that Dish reccomended told me. :D

Barry Erick said:
Nope, the other way around, RCA is a part of Thompson, a huge European company.
Actually RCA is owned by Thomson Consumer Electronics (TCE) there is no "P" in the name. :) The TV's are the bottom of the Barrel there is no GE or RCA model that equates directly to what DISH has branded for them. GE is also another brand owned by TCE.

Yup, as a former owner of a few GARBAGE RCA Tv's, I would stay away.
I have a 32" Samsung HDTV thats is almost 3 years old and I can not recommend it enough. Best value for your $$$ in HDTV.

I just got one of those Dish TV's

aznxrice said:
and are they worth getting?

can they be used with an overtheair ant. for hdtv?

In My opinion they are great deals, depending on how much You pay for one, I got Mine for $636, (40" rear project), although I don't have a good HDTV signal yet, the DVD's are great in progressive scan. If You don't want to spend big bucks for HDTV, they are a real alternative. NOTE: they do NOT have a HDTV tuner built in, they will tune in NSTC channels. The do NOT come with a remote control, however a newer blue button Dish remote will work, (as will Dish HDTV remotes). They do HAVE a wide variety of inputs & other features that are nice, including 3 HDTV inputs. I give them a 7.5 out of 10, keep in mind I don't give out 10's because there is no 10's, (that would mean perfect would it not?)

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts