Who uses their gaming systems on SD Tv's?

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Well I had my PS3 hooked up in my home theater room on the hd projector for a few weeks until I took it to a friends house. When I came back I didn't hook it up right away and ended up taking it with me to another buddy's house to play. Neither had HD tv's. Now to me the PS2 games looked a lot better but thats expected when comparing a 27" tv to a 106" screen with the projector. For the PS3 games it was hard to tell a difference to me between them and some of the better PS2 games. It was a differnce but not a lot on the SD tv. On the HD set the PS3 games really shined. There were amazing on it and not so amazing on the SD set. Well when I went to hook it up again at home I ended up taking it upstairs and hooked it up to the 27" SD JVC tv. Now my reasoning for this is I wanted another DVD player for up there and was considering buying one. I had a Magnavox I got back when DVD's were first starting to be realeased and it skips quite a bit so I got to where I didn't really use it. It was a fairly expensive machine back in the day but it just isn't even as good as what I've seen from the $30 players nowadays. Well I decided instead of getting a new dvd player for this room I'd just hook the PS3 up. I wasn't too impressed with Blu Ray disks so to me that wasn't a reason to keep it downstairs and for most of my games they are PS2 games so look better on this tv anyway. I figured if I want to play a PS3 game in good quality or watch a blu ray movie I can move it downstairs as I still have all the cables run for it. I'm so far really liking it up here. Anyone else do this? I'm just wondering if I'm weird for having such a high powered machine and only using it on a SD Tv when I have a HD setup downstairs? I was thinking of getting a DVD/VCR combo for up here even though I swore I'd never buy one of those but am now thinking of just using this and a regular VCR. I may change my mind later but right now it seems like this setup might be the way to go. I was just wondering if anyone else has a setup like this when they have a HD setup somewhere else in the house? Am I crazy for doing this?

I tried reading it but I got confused and lost I just gave up.

Bottom line - Hook you PS3 up to your HD TV and be done with it. If it looks crappy on SD tv's then why hook it up to those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts