Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
When I signed up with DirecTV, it was after Voom shut down and I signed up under there Voom deal. I was thankful for such a deal but I am disappointed almost a year later and no Voom. I would take Voom on DirecTV if they offered it. Who else would take it, if they offered Voom?

i would, only if it was added at no added cost to the current hd pack. seeing how overly repetitive it is i wouldn't pay any more.

I would enjoy World Sport, but not much else. I would love to know when the FOX HD channels are launching. They would be a great addition.

I wouldn't want it at all. I remember the channels and I also remember the content. Out of all their programming, I would likely record only one show per week.

Believe it or not, there are no HD channels available out there that Direct doesn't carry which interest me. I have no interest in premium HD channels as I feel a subscription to Netflix or Blockbuster is a much better use of funds than 20 or 30 bucks per month for old movies in HD.

Obviously, this is just my opinion and what I am really looking forward to are more relevant channels offered in HD. The implication being that the VOOM channels are irrelevant.

I would love to have the Voom channels with a minimal cost increase. On the other hand I would rather add 15 new National/Local HD channels in the near future instead of the 15 Vooms. There is about 4 Voom channels that I like quite a bit, but since I have never had Voom I am not sure how frequently the repeats I often hear about are.

i would love to have them also, i was a former voom customer also, i have 3 receivers from them. when they went under, and they all 3 work fine with the ota channels

I missed Monsters, HDNews, Equator HD and Animania. I just like to see them surface on DirecTV along with the locals and Fox programming.

cablewithaview said:
I can see dropping shopping crap, the extra DTV promo channels, etc.

That can't/won't happen. Many (if not all) of these services pay the DBS providers to be on and help keep the cost down. They can also be required to maintain a certain percentage of "public service/interest channels" versus the total number of regular programming channels. There is a thread about that already somewhere.

with the HD national feeds coming out, are they also offering other channels the main HD feed offers as well? I mean like my NBC network out of Huntsville offers The Tube and NBC Weather Plus on there Digital feed, so is that being offered as well? If not I could care less about rolling out national HD's. I am happy with my antenna for local HD and receiving HD affiliates out of New York. I say use the space to roll out all cable networks in HD including regional sports HD feeds.

Is there even an agreement to retransmit sub-channels or non-network affiliates? I mean hell, they had to fight tooth and nail to get something in place where they could even offer what we have now. Affiliate sub-channels are so non-essential. What are all the great national channels we are missing? I mean extra HBOs and Cinemax would be OK, but I can get a better offering cheaper with DVD. FoodTV and stuff like that (which I like too watch) is just not HD fodder.

No, I wouldn't want 15 repetitive Voom placeholder HD channels. If the Voom people took their content it packaged it up into two or three channels they'd get a lot more calls from cable companies/DirecTV.

However, since DirecTV 10 and 11 will supposedly have capacity for 150 national hd channels, they might seriously consider Voom if there aren't many more hd channels for them to choose from that have launched by 2007.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts