Whole Home DVR limit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The hddvr can only feed one hd(dvr) receiver at a time. If the hddvr is in the living room and you are watching a recorded program in your bed room, you can. However, if someone else wants to watch another recorded program in a different room at the same time you are watching your recorded program in your bed room, that second person would not be able to watch the program unless you were to quit your viewing, or they would have to go to the room that has the hddvr and watch it there.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

The hddvr can only feed one hd(dvr) receiver at a time. If the hddvr is in the living room and you are watching a recorded program in your bed room, you can. However, if someone else wants to watch another recorded program in a different room at the same time you are watching your recorded program in your bed room, that second person would not be able to watch the program unless you were to quit your viewing, or they would have to go to the room that has the hddvr and watch it there.

Hmmmm,
Another reason I prefer to have multiple HD DVR's instead, of course that doesn't allow you to watch whats in one DVR in the other room, without other provisions.
Also, your not SHARING one Hard Drive with many rooms, tend to fill up quicker that way.

Once again d-tv isn't as perfect as some make it seem. :eek:

Hmmmm,
Another reason I prefer to have multiple HD DVR's instead, of course that doesn't allow you to watch whats in one DVR in the other room, without other provisions.
Also, your not SHARING one Hard Drive with many rooms, tend to fill up quicker that way.
I am not sure what you are saying, could you explain it a little better?

I am not sure what you are saying, could you explain it a little better?

When you have only 1 DVR with the Whole Home set up, you only have that Hard Drive to store stuff on, so if it's a 500 GB hard drive, thats it .... where as if you have a DVR in the main room and one in another room, you have potential of 2 500GB hard drives to work with.

Also, since D* charges the SAME monthly fee for ANY type of receivers, I'd just as soon make those extra ones ALL DVR's for my $6/monthly charge.
The only problem I have with this setup, is that when you prog a recording on a DVR, you HAVE to do it from the box you actually want it stored on. I really don't understand that if D* was able to make the non-DVR receivers, prog a show to a specific DVR, why this was NOT added on the DVR's themselves? :rolleyes:

Also, since D* charges the SAME monthly fee for ANY type of receivers, I'd just as soon make those extra ones ALL DVR's for my $6/monthly charge.
The only problem I have with this setup, is that when you prog a recording on a DVR, you HAVE to do it from the box you actually want it stored on. I really don't understand that if D* was able to make the non-DVR receivers, prog a show to a specific DVR, why this was NOT added on the DVR's themselves? :rolleyes:

Also the fact that if you set up a recording online or on your Smart Phone your able to tell it which recvr to record it on, you'd thinmk they would be able to on any recvr, maybe it's in the works.

I really like the idea you mentioned about only having ONE DVR fee per account instead of per recvr.

All that it means mfoster711. Directv receivers are not like dish network, in that they only work one location. Now in with the whole home experience they still only operate one location, But share information between them selfs.

Just to make sure I understand everything correctly.....

I plan to have 2 HD DVRs (living room & office) and 2 HD receivers (bedrooms). Questions:
1) With Whole Home DVR, I will be able to watch recordings from either of the 2 DVR's on any other TV, correct?
2) I can even watch recordings from the Living Room DVR on the Office TV that has the other HD DVR?
3) There can only be one remote TV viewing a DVR recording from a single DVR at one time? In other words, if I am in bedroom 1 watching a DVR recording from the Living Room DVR, Bedroom 2 would NOT be able to watch a recording from the Living Room DVR at the same time?
4) .......but, Bedroom 2 could watch a recording from the Office DVR while Bedroom 1 is watching a recording from the Living Room DVR?
5) ......and, we could watch a DVR recording in the living room and office at the same time people are watching DVR recordings in the 2 bedrooms?
6) Where can you set recordings on the 2 DVR's? Can I only do it from the Living Room and Office or could I set DVR recordings from any TV?

yes to 1-5
In the rooms with an actual DVR, you can ONLY set recordings for THAT particular receiver; either (& any) non-DVR receivers can set recordings for ANY particular DVR receiver.

Hmmmm,

Not sure I understand you here.
It appears that you are saying that you cant watch what is on one HD-DVR using another HD-DVR in another room....Unless you do something else.
All you have to do is set up playlist sharing.
Is this what you mean?
Sorry if I misunderstood.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts