Whole Home with 2 DVRs and 2 Receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roach

Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
United States
To validate what DTV tech support told me, if i have 2 DVRs, and 2 receivers, all 4 are still linked together, and when watching a show you select the 'location' (aka DVR) you want to watch from. IE Living Room or Bedroom, etc. Now you can record 4 things at once. Is this all accurate? Anyone running a similar set up?

Thanks

you can record 4 things....2 per DVR
If you have MRV all the programs are listed as one list..regardless of DVR

The only major limitation is that you can only do one remote stream from a particular DVR at a time. If both receiver users (or the other DVR) want to watch programs residing on the same DVR, all but one will be out of luck. As Iceberg points out, you don't get to pick the DVR, just the program. I'm not sure if the software is smart enough to try another DVR if you have two recordings and the first DVR is busy.

It is probably best if you not ask Customer Service questions like this. They are typically not equipped to handle hypotheticals.

thanks all. So when I record a program originating from DVR 1, then I watch on Receiver 1, all is good. If simultaneously I try to watch the same show on Receiver 2, it will not work? If so that makes sense. Only one viewing at a time

If you have MRV all the programs are listed as one list..regardless of DVR

True...& to add, EACH recorded show is tagged with the DVR name it is recorded on. (you put a name on each receiver on initial setup)

One other small tidbit you might want to know - if you go to program a recording on a non-DVR receiver, it asks you which DVR you want it recorded on. HOWEVER, you cannot do this from the DVR's themselves; you can ONLY program a recording on that same DVR from which you are programming from.

thanks all. So when I record a program originating from DVR 1, then I watch on Receiver 1, all is good. If simultaneously I try to watch the same show on Receiver 2, it will not work? If so that makes sense. Only one viewing at a time

To clarify a little, receiver 2 could not watch anything at all from DVR 1 if it is streaming to receiver 1. You could watch something on both DVRs and watch 1 receiver steaming from DVR1 and the other from DVR 2 all at the same time. Don't know if I clarified it or made it harder to understand. I love whole home and you will too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts