Whos going to SatelliteExpo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So who out there is is headed to Atlanta for this years SatelliteExpo?

SatelliteGuys will be there!

We are thinking about having a get together on Friday Night of the Expo, if you go would you be interested in attending?

I do hope we can meet! If you are going to be there and would like to meet please replay here so I can get a headcount of how many will be there so we know how much space we need.

Thanks guys!

I would like to go but I haven't made any formal plans yet. Atlanta is just 75 miles from me so I could drive up for a day or 2. I am waiting to see if I have any installs or service work to do. I will post soon & let you know.

BryanSR

I will be working at the Volunteer Satellite booth, near the entrance, when I am not on the antenna farm. On Thursday and Friday, I will present a 3 hour hands-on seminar on satellite reception, free of charge to anyone registered as a show attendee. Check the boards for times...and simply show up if you are interested. No waiting lists in a classroom, because there will be no chairs. We will gather around some satellite antennas and attempt to entertain and educate the audience.

Starting with basic MPEG-2 reception, showing how to point various antennas to receive individual Ku-band and C-band satellites....and work in some multifeed techniques as well as show some of the international reception available from domestic as well as Atlantic Ocean area satellites.

Philippe Simard of Ku Sat in Montreal will be out there with me, showing his line of spectrum analyzers in action.

What we show will depend upon the audience reaction....
but the above ideas are what we intend to cover, and we will get sidetracked from there.

I love listening to Mike Speek, (not to say Mike is boring at all because he is not) but I have fell asleep to Mike Voice numerous times while he was on the air with the late Gary Bourgois on Friday Night Live.

I conside Mike one of the greatest voices in the industry for the industry.

Scott Greczkowski said:
So who out there is is headed to Atlanta for this years SatelliteExpo?

SatelliteGuys will be there!

We are thinking about having a get together on Friday Night of the Expo, if you go would you be interested in attending?

I do hope we can meet! If you are going to be there and would like to meet please replay here so I can get a headcount of how many will be there so we know how much space we need.

Thanks guys!

I am already registered and will be down there all 4 days. I probably won't attend the Direct Tv Kick off, but I'll be there for everything else. I'd love to meet up with some of the Satellite Guys members. I'm really looking forward to the Expo.

I wanted to go since last year, but with family business, I have to go to San Francisco at May instead this year. Hoping next year can attend.

Hey Sing, we don't care if you go to Frisco in May, the Expo is in April, so no more excuses... You have been saying we will meet for years now... RONTGLMAO... Tell the Family, that you have to make a side trip to Atlanta... LOL

The wife is working in Atlanta that week and her boss has been wanting me to go up and visit so this may be a good opportunity to do that and go to the expo.

I think that I will probably be there for at least a couple of days

Keep me informed of what's going on (party and such)

Doctor Bob said:
Hey Sing, we don't care if you go to Frisco in May, the Expo is in April, so no more excuses... You have been saying we will meet for years now... RONTGLMAO... Tell the Family, that you have to make a side trip to Atlanta... LOL
Hey, Doc, no green, if you sponsor me to the Atlanta, sure it help. Ho Ho Hooo

Oh NO!!! Well, I can appreciate your delima, and if I had the extra Green, to sponsor you, I would Sing... You are a great guy, and have hung in there with the rest of us...

Sorry you can't make this year, but I'm sure we will get to meet, sometime in the future... Take care of Texas for us...

I work evenings, but I might be persuaded to grab a cup of coffee earlier in the day.

Michael
(Working in midtown Atlanta)

This is my first attendance to one of these satellite expos. I need all the help I can get to navigate the expo and to have my specific questions answered. I am coming from Los Angeles. I have already registered. My concern is what hotel to book and how far is it from the convention center. I want to avoid enormous extra cab expense
I will also love to be a part of the get together. I want to be a part of the satellite family. HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!
Thanx guys, Dennis Ahana, (310)-466-3800

You really should not have a hard time finding your way around, nor I don't believe you will need to rent a car as I believe the show is actually at or very near the airport. :)

All of the host hotels are within a mile of the airport as well as to the Convention Center. Most (if not all) of our host hotels are offering free shuttles to/from the airport as well as to/from Satellite Expo 2006. No cab fares, no reason to rent a car. Hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)