Who's to blame for these increasing tv costs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That would be the way to go...but hard to turn on something you don't have. (CBS Channel 9)

I rarely used the sat/cable delivered locals once OTA went digital. Antenna works fine from both houses in Oklahoma. I do have to use Cox for locals in Las Vegas as the antenna is just not reliable in the condo. I may go thru the process and have one installed on the common roof where they allow the sat dishes if I continue with some work and vacation out there.

Griffin/CBS 6 rarely gets turned on other than like today for football. I do watch most of the CW shows, so I do occasionally watch Griffin/CW19 off the antenna but usually watch online so I can avoid all the screen bugs.

I have a strong feeling Griffin is hoping to get rid of one of the stations in both Tulsa and OKC in the incentive auction. They dropped ThisTV from the subchannel on CW19 and now there is a lot of paid programming filling the weekend and morning schedule.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Antenna works fine from both houses in Oklahoma.

My OTA works fine also but i am spoiled with OTA going to all three DVR. May need to look at Channel master DVR but not planning on going to Hopper any time soon.

My OTA works fine also but i am spoiled with OTA going to all three DVR. May need to look at Channel master DVR but not planning on going to Hopper any time soon.

I went with Tivo's a couple years ago instead of the channelmaster's, which eventually led to me dropping Dish. The Tivo mini can see the main Tivo Roamio dvr, so no need for multiple dvr's and antenna feeds unless you just need more tuners.

I now use a Tivo Roamio with a Tivo mini for OTA at lake house. I also have a Tivo Roamio and 2 Tivo mini's on Cox at the house in Tulsa, as I dropped Dish after 17 years, about 9 months ago for a Cox TV/Internet bundle to cut costs by $80 a month.

I rarely used the sat/cable delivered locals once OTA went digital.
I use OTA almost exclusively but my FOX station has multipath issues with the signal completely dropping out for a second or two at times, so it's nice having the SAT backup when I want it.

I went with Tivo's a couple years ago instead of the channelmaster's, which eventually led to me dropping Dish. The Tivo mini can see the main Tivo Roamio dvr, so no need for multiple dvr's and antenna feeds unless you just need more tuners.
I dropped Dish after 17 years, about 9 months ago for a Cox TV/Internet bundle to cut costs by $80 a month.

Thanks, It maybe time for me to check out the TIVO Roamio. So this unit does not have a guide cost? I didnt know it can record 4 OTA shows. I could also go Vyve and think save money.

The guide cost is built into the upfront price. It's like a built-in lifetime service.

Reactions: Bruno
Thanks, It maybe time for me to check out the TIVO Roamio. So this unit does not have a guide cost? I didnt know it can record 4 OTA shows. I could also go Vyve and think save money.

The Roamio OTA version has been on sale recently at Amazon for $300 or so and that includes the lifetime dvr and guide service. It can record 4 OTA and has skip mode which I have come to love. Within a few minutes of a finished recording on non live OTA shows between 4pm and 12am the skip icon will appear on the DVR'd shows and you just push the channel button or D button and it skips the entire commercial block.

The Roamio you can also drop a new drive up to 3TB in it and it will format it ask you to rerun guided setup and then you're back in business with more recording space. The standard 500gb drive holds about 75-90hrs of HD space. I have a 2TB drive in my TiVo on Cox and have 320hrs of HD space now.

The one benefit of the channelmaster is it will revert to psip for guide info if needed where as TiVo relies completely on their internet provided listings.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The guide cost is built into the upfront price. It's like a built-in lifetime service.

The one benefit of the channelmaster is it will revert to psip for guide info if needed where as TiVo relies completely on their internet provided listings.

THANKS to BOTH of you, I really need to check these units out. I made a lot of money selling DISH but it may be about time to cut the cord.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts