Whos your cell phone provider?? POLL

Who is your cell provider and which type??

• Verizon

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • At&t

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • Sprint

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • T Mobile

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other provider

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Apple

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Android

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Verizon, Android (Droid 1). Probably about to replace it with my 2nd Android device after being disappointed by Apple's 4S announcement rather than a bigger step forward (namely a larger screen, LTE). Would consider a Windows Phone but don't want a transition or 'just before windows 8' device, so Android for 2 more years it is... likely the Droid Prime.

Verizon, Android (Droid 1). Probably about to replace it with my 2nd Android device after being disappointed by Apple's 4S announcement rather than a bigger step forward (namely a larger screen, LTE). Would consider a Windows Phone but don't want a transition or 'just before windows 8' device, so Android for 2 more years it is... likely the Droid Prime.

Droid Prime? Is that the Samsung SCH-i515 aka Nexus?

The HTC Vigor/Rezound or Thunderbolt 2 should be great phones too.

charper1 said:
Droid Prime? Is that the Samsung SCH-i515 aka Nexus?

The HTC Vigor/Rezound or Thunderbolt 2 should be great phones too.

Yep. Should be announced on Wednesday at the IceCreamSandwich event. I'm deciding between the Galaxy Nexus and the Vigor/Rezound for my next phone.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

We are thinking of switching from AT&T to Sprint. Here is what we are currently looking at...

Change our AT&T plan to Nationwide 550 minutes:

• Free mobile to mobile AT&T phone only
  • 550 total combined minutes
  • Unlimited nights and weekends
  • $60 total cell service for 2 phones
  • $60 total for 2 phones on unlimited data (keep our grandfathered unlimited plan)
  • Texting is extra ($5 each for for 200 message/month and $10 each for unlimited)
  • No buyback for old phones
  • 4% Teacher Discount
  • Total $115/month before taxes (Add texting will be anywhere from $120 to $135)
Switch to Sprint Family Everything Data Shared Plan
  • Free mobile to mobile any provider
  • 1500 total combined minutes to landline phones
  • Unlimited texting included
  • Unlimited data included*
  • *$10/month add-on charge for iPhone ($20 total for 2 phones)
  • $170 buyback of each of our old phones
  • 18% teacher discount
  • Total $123 before taxes
With Sprint we will pay a little more, but we will get a lot more. Plus we will not have to fork up $300 each for our new phones. It will only cost us about $130/phone.

AT&T will cost up more upfront, but save us more per month. If we add texting, then AT&T will be more. 550 minutes is plenty for both of us as we seldom talk on the phone and have a plethora of roll over minutes.

I will have to wait to hear from others about Sprint's coverage at our second home in Mammoth. From what I hear Sprint's coverage is not very good up there.

DodgerKing said:
We are thinking of switching from AT&T to Sprint. Here is what we are currently looking at...

Change our AT&T plan to Nationwide 550 minutes:

[*]Free mobile to mobile AT&T phone only
[*]550 total combined minutes
[*]Unlimited nights and weekends
[*]$60 total for 2 phones
[*]$60 total for 2 phones on unlimited data (keep our grandfathered unlimited plan)
[*]Texting is extra ($5 each for for 200 message/month and $10 each for unlimited)
[*]No buyback for old phones
[*]4% Teacher Discount
[*]Total $115/month before taxes (Add texting will be anywhere from $120 to $135)

Switch to Sprint Family Everything Data Shared Plan

[*]Free mobile to mobile any provider
[*]1500 total combined minutes to landline phones
[*]Unlimited texting included
[*]Unlimited data included
[*]$10/month add-on charge for iPhone ($20 total for 2 phones)
[*]$170 buyback of each of our old phones
[*]18% teacher discount
[*]Unlimited data included
[*]Total $123 before taxes

With Sprint we will pay a little more, but we will get a lot more. Plus we will not have to fork up $300 each for our new phones. It will only cost us about $130/phone.

AT&T will cost up more upfront, but save us more per month. If we add texting, then AT&T will be more. 550 minutes is plenty for both of us as we seldom talk on the phone and have a plethora of roll over minutes.

I will have to wait to hear from other about Sprint's coverage at our second home in Mammoth. From what I hear Sprint's coverage is not very good up there.

If you have a decent internet connection up there you could get an Airave.

Have you looked at Verizon to see what kind of deal they will give you? They almost always have better coverage than Sprint.

Not even an option at this point. First, no unlimited data plan and I always go over 2gigs per month. Second, the prices are much more than what I can get with AT&T or Sprint.

For us data is more important than minutes. In order for data to work we still have to get coverage. I can get excellent coverage with Verizon, but I am limited on Data. With Sprint I get unlimited Data, but I am limited on coverage. With AT&T I can get both good coverage and unlimited Data. This is why I am still leaning towards AT&T, but am tempted by the savings and more options with Sprint

US Cellular, android. Breast net four coverage in rural Iowa. I'd like to go with an iPhone, but it will have to wait until they trickle down to second tier carriers.

I got a Verizon iPhone, I couldn't wait to dump AT&T fast enough.

Main reason for going with Verizon waste put everything under 1 family plan, where as before I had 2 bills, where AT&T was billing me just for my iPhone.

Heck, I don't even talk on my iPhone. I just use it for texting and Internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)