Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I had not adjusted my 6 foot Prodelin shown in my AVATAR since I first set it up.

This dish really only exists for one channel - - - INSP - - - and I had only been watching analog.

Then I found this.

http://www.insp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Tech_Fact_Sheet_INSP_10.19.10.pdf

I changed over to the digital feed which is channel 600 on my Motorola 922 - - - but it would break up a lot and was not watchable. Decided to tweak the dish - - - both the LNB rotation and the elevation and was able to get almost 10 more points of Quality. This made a huge difference and now INSP has a crystal clear digital signal.

One thing I did notice is the analog quality actually went down a bit but the digital quality went up from Q of 41 to a Q of 51. I have not figured out why this might be.

Tweak your dish for the very best signal - - - even a few points can make the difference between watchable and not watchable.

I put a conical scalar on my first 6' Prodelin I put up a few years ago for 4DTV fixed on 105W. It made a pretty big difference with the Motorola receiver on digital. Analog is pretty much watchable with any signal at all, just a few more sparklies in it.

Concur. Tune until your tongue hangs out. Then take a break, and tune some more.
cool.gif

Here, Here

I put a conical scalar on my first 6' Prodelin I put up a few years ago for 4DTV fixed on 105W. It made a pretty big difference with the Motorola receiver on digital. Analog is pretty much watchable with any signal at all, just a few more sparklies in it.

I like this information - - - I assume you used this conical scalar - - - or one similar.

Attachments

• BlueConical.JPG
    BlueConical.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 159
Here's what it looks like when it's uncovered. It's not exactly weatherproof by design since it points slightly upwards. I wish someone would sell a reasonably priced covered C band LNBF for offset dish use.

Picture 051.jpg

Here, Here
I cannot understand what OP says about going over to Digital ?????

I have a BUD ( i am new to this and rooky) but I thought I am watching digital signals when I point to 123W with my HD Openbox9.

COuld you please help me to understand this and point to where I can read and learn this "Digital" & Channel 600?

Thanks, Wilson

Signals used to be analog and then about 10 years ago the big push to digital signals begin (for backhauls and feeds).
I used to run 2 analog receivers and then in 2002 I bought my first digital rcvr. Analog signals are almost obsolete now, still a few, but not many and not enough for me to mess with anymore. Your openbox is strictly digital, you need a completely different receiver for analog.

Nice paint job on the dish, Chapel.

Nice paint job on the dish, Chapel.

My daughter and her two cousins painted it for me. You might have seen it over in the FTA-Shack.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/262542-beautiful-dish-painting.html

electronmini said:
I cannot understand what OP says about going over to Digital ?????

This thread might help a bit - - - - not many 24x7 analog feeds left. I have not been into C-Band very long - - - so I don't remember the glory days of analog on C-Band.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/237933-no-analog-channels.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts