Why A 612 over a 722 ?

yeah, if you only have two hd tv;s in your house, by all means get two 722/622's. then you will still have pip and the buffer swap. but if you have more then two hd tv's, you need to incorprate the 612, or if your just watching costs then the 612 is great too. you cant really just plainly say which one is better, cause they each have their pros and cons. its going to come down to what bests suits the individuals needs. the 612 has already been a solution to a lot of customers needs. just weigh out what you need and make the choice for yourself.

The confusion will never end.

Technically, the tuner count refers to the number of satellite signals a receiver can tune in at the same time. Regular receivers are single-tuner in this regards. Any box with two satellite inputs is therefore a dual tuner.

The 612 is a dual tuner but with a single output. Dish doesn't have a charge for dual tuners, they have a phone line fee for boxes that serve two TVs that aren't connected to phone lines. I have yet to see a DISH bill that has a "DUAL TUNER FEE".

Since the 612 only serves one TV, it is neither a single tuner (because it has two tuners) and it is not a dual tuner (in the classic 2 tv sense). It is in a class of its own. Chargewise, Dish treats this the same as their single tuner insomuch as the fees that are associated with it since it doesn't serve two TVs. That's why they refer to this as a single tuner, to clarify it doesn't have a phone line fee.

And technically ur charged for the 2nd Tuner via the DVR fee, bc dish dosent have any single tuner DVRs

Can the 612 record two shows at the same time?

Or does only one tuner record and the other tuner always live only no record?

I've read conflicting information.

bjf

I have a 612 and the 612 actually has 3 tuners just like the 622 or the 722 and can record 3 HD streams at one time if one is OTA, you can also watch a 4th HD precorded program at the same time because the single output channel is not tied to any tuner. It has an SD output and a HD output but they both have the same program at any given time.

It just proves that these fees are so confusing that we can't even come to a consensus.

Can DISH? I don't think so. My bill has seldom been correct for fees, but often they wash, so I let it go. That recently bit me when I suspended service in that I had let a lease fee stand in lieu of the correct second receiver fee. It took me four months to get the $400 charge for non-returned 622 charge reversed, although i had a receipt. At one point they even charged me twice for non-rrturn of the unit for a total bill of $800.

It really is unfortunate that they feel a need to have all these fees in order to advertise a lower monthly charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)